No Motivation (R)

Thank you to GAFLFE12 for this idea! This chapter contains the reader having a bipolar disorder, so if this makes you feel uncomfortable in any way, then don't read on. Hope you enjoy!

Reader is 15

~~~

I was having one of those days when I just had no motivation to do anything.

I woke up really early, but could not bring myself to get out of bed.

So instead I hid under the covers, letting dark thoughts cloud my mind.

A few hours later I hear a knock on the door.

"Y/N, time to get up!" I hear Rachel call.

I don't reply, turning over in my bed, and letting a tear drip down my pale cheek.

"Y/N, I'm coming in." Rachel turns the door handle gently, and I hear her walk into the room and sit next to me on my bed.

"You having a hard day, sweetheart?" She asks, stroking my back gently.

I nod, without turning around.

I feel the covers being lifted behind me, and feel Rachel climb into my bed.

She pulls me close to her, as my body tenses slightly.

She strokes my hair until my body loosens up again, and I curl into her more.

"Come on sweetheart, let's get up." She announces a few minutes later, getting out from the covers and walking around so she was on my side of the bed.

"I'll help you." She tells me softly, kneeling down beside my bed.

Rachel helps me slowly get out of bed, even though I want nothing more to curl up in a ball under my covers.

"Your doing so well, Y/N." She praises as she helps me downstairs slowly.

She holds my hand until we get to the kitchen.

She instructs me to sit on a bar stool, while she makes a smoothie for me.

I do as she says, staring of into space, my mind still yelling at me to go back to bed and hide.

Rachel hands me my meds and a glass of water, along with a smoothie.

I take the meds immediately, knowing better than to fight, my body feeling to down to complain.

I stare at the smoothie, blankly.

I didn't want to eat it, I wanted to go and lay down.

Rachel noticing my hesitance, puts her hand over mine softly.

"You have to eat something, sweetheart. Please try some." She encourages, pushing the glass closer to me.

I take a shaky breath before sipping some of the smoothie through the straw.

Rachel smiles. "Good job, Y/N."

It takes me about 20 minutes to finish half the smoothie, before I announce I'm done.

Rachel takes my hand and leads me back to my bathroom, encouraging me to do my basic needs, while fully respecting my privacy.

She helps me brush my teeth, and wash my face, something my parents would never do.

Once I had had a shower etc, with only one breakdown. We walk back downstairs, and sit on the couch.

Rachel puts on the new Disney film Encanto, and I attempt to pay attention, while my mind wanders.

We are about halfway through the film, when I finally speak to Rachel.

"Thank you..." I say shyly, letting my body curl into hers.

"Don't mention it, Y/N." She kisses my forehead gently.

I hope this was alright! I don't know much about this disorder so I'm sorry if it's not accurate, I only went of a quick google search!