Fostered no More (R)

Another request from the same person who priv messaged me last time! Just know if you comment then I will mention ur acc, but if you priv message me, I will keep ur acc private. Enjoy!

Reader is 12

~~~

I just got a text from my foster mom, saying she couldn't pick me up because her and my foster dad were going to the pub. Again.

I sigh throwing my phone onto my bed in my trailer.

Filming had wrapped for the day a few minutes ago, and I was waiting for my foster mom to pick me up when I got the text.

I couldn't walk home alone at this time at night, and that would have to mean dealing with my drunk foster parents. No thanks.

So I decided to stay in my trailer again, which I had secretly been doing for a while.

I haven't exactly told anyone I have foster parents. I didn't want to make a big thing out of it, or receive any pity. So I just haven't told Scar or Rachel or David or Flo. I didn't want to be a burden.

I hear a knock on my trailer, which made me jump slightly before answering.

"Yeah, come in!" I shout through the door.

Rachel opens the door, a soft smile on her lips.

I can't help but smile back. Rachel has been so sweet to me, and has cared for me way more on set than any of my foster families.

"Hey sweetie, just saying goodnight. Are your parents going to pick you up soon?" She asks, walking over to sit on the edge of my bed.

"Oh um no. My foster mom said that I should stay here tonight-" I felt like clamping my hand over my mouth. I just said foster mom... shit, shit, shit!

"Did you say foster mum?" Rachel asks, confused as to if she heard me right.

"Uhhh, no! I mean mom!" I say hurriedly, but there was no point hiding it anymore.

"Sweetie, why didn't you tell me?" Rachel asks, giving me a comforting look.

I sigh. "I didn't want to bother you with my problems..." I mumble, quietly. Unfortunately Rachel heard.

"Y/N, you will never be a burden. Okay?" Rachel puts her hand on top of mine softly.

I bit my lip, nodding.

"Now, why aren't you going home to your foster parents?" She questions, rubbing my hand soothingly.

"Their always down the pub, and have no time to pick me up." I tell her truthfully, shrugging slightly as it wasn't new news to me.

"I'm sorry, Y/N." Rachel says sincerely, pulling me into a hug.

We stay like this for a few minutes, both enjoying the affection. 

"Why don't you stay with me for a few days?" Rachel asks. "Tell your foster parents your staying at a friends house."

I nod lightly. "I'd like that. Thank you."

She pulls away gently. "No problem sweetheart. Now come on, let's go."

I grab my backpack with my few things in it and we go to Rachel's car and back to her house.

~~~

I've been staying at Rachel's for a few weeks now, and I'm really enjoying it.

Rachel is so nice to me, unlike all my previous foster parents, and I really enjoy living with her.

"Y/N, can you come down a minute sweetheart?" Rachel's soft voice calls from downstairs.

"Coming!" I reply, setting down my phone and running downstairs, where I see Rachel sitting in the living room looking... nervous?

I walk over to her slowly, sitting next to her, slightly confused.

"What's wrong?" I ask worriedly.

"Nothings wrong sweetheart. I just wanted to ask you something." Rachel smiles nervously.

"I really enjoy having you here Y/N. I think your amazing, and deserve someone who will take good care of you. So I wanted to ask if you wanted to make it permanent?" She asks slowly, making me freeze.

Rachel was asking if she could adopt me. I'm to stunned to speak...

I gape at her for a few seconds before letting the tears fall. "Yes! Yes! Oh my god! Yes!" I jump into her arms, hugging her tightly while sobbing tears of pure happiness.

I finally had a mother, who loved me.

Rachel grips me tighter and I can feel the back of my shirt dampening, but I didn't care.

We both pull away a while later with tears in our eyes.

"Thank you so much!" I say tearfully.

She laughs, tearily. "Of course sweetheart."

That night I sleep in Rachel's bed, curled up into my new mom.

Fluff overload! I hope this was ok!