Chapter Eight

Harry's pov

I'm very tired... and I must admit a bit sad.

I've spent most of the day hidden inside of my bedroom, I only came out for today's workout and for lunch, but to be honest I didn't talk much, to anyone, and just kind of did my own thing, which is very different to what I usually do.

I wouldn't say I'm the most talkative person in the house, I mean when there's Niall there nobody can compete, but I always participate in whatever conversation is going on and I always at least speak with Liv for a while, but today I just didn't want to.

I didn't sleep much last night, and I couldn't read or anything because my mind wouldn't stop working and I couldn't focus on anything except Louis, and everything that happened in the past few days.

It's complicated because I have a big part of me that says that Louis just doesn't care and I'm just imagining things, that I'm imagining the way he looks at me and how his eyes soften when they meet mine.

And the other part of me says that no, that I'm right about everything I feel and see and he feels the same as I do.

But the thing is that Louis has been nothing but spiteful towards me every time I spoke to him in the past couple days.

When he's ten feet away, he's soft and gives me gentle looks, but when we actually interact he's a dick.

It's so fucking confusing.

"Everyone in the living room please !" Liam's voice snaps me out of my thoughts, and I walk back inside the house quickly, closing the door so the rain doesn't enter the living room and throwing my hoodie on a chair.

I flop down on the sofa next to Niall, and Zayn and Louis walk downstairs together and they sit on the other sofa, Liv, Jules and Moon quickly joining us too.

"I have a new job for you, it's going to be tomorrow night. And I want all of you on it." he starts and I smile as Jules sits down next to me, Moon going to the other sofa and Liv sitting down on the floor between my legs.

"Targets are five men, apparently working in finance but involved in some illegal shit. The client didn't tell me why they need them dead so so don't ask. They'll attend a banquet tomorrow night, and so will you. You have to find those men, kill them, and steal the content of a safe."

"Where's the banquet ?" Jules asks and Liam turns towards them.

"In a mansion, about an hour away from London."

"Whose mansion is it ?" they ask again and Liam stay silent for a moment before he answers.

"Simon Cowell's mansion."

He speaks a little more quietly and Moon sits up straighter on the sofa, clenching her fists by her sides and looking up at Liam with dark eyes.

"Please tell me you're joking ??" Louis groans and Liam sends him a look, his brows arched and his eyes annoyed.

"At least say he's one of the targets." I continue and Liam sighs.

"He is not, and you will not lay a finger on him, are we clear ?" he says sternly, glaring at all of us one by one with a very serous look.
"This is a job like any others, the fact that it's at his house doesn't change anything."

"I'd like to see that fucker's head on a stick." Liv says with a groan and Liam nods.

"Trust me, I'd love that too."

"You expect me to be, in the same room as him, and simply do nothing ?" Moon says suddenly and we all snap our heads to her as she stands up from the sofa and walks closer to Liam.