Chapter Thirty-Four

Liv's pov

Waking up in a bed you don't know, in a house you don't know is weird. 

But when the first thing you see are wires and blood perfusion attached to you and the second thing is people hugging you when you have no idea who they are, the only thing you can feel is fear.

When my eyes opened last night I was confused for a long moment, not understand anything that was going on, but then a guy I had no recollection of bursted into my room with wide piercing blue eyes, looked at me like he just saw a ghost, and eventually said "Hi Liv''.

He quickly understood that I didn't know him, or anything really, and he left the room, coming back with Liam and a few other people whose name I still don't know. 

They asked me how I felt and everything, but I couldn't really speak much, my mind blurry and my head pounding as they explained to me that I was in a coma.

And then there was the other guy, the one who cried when he saw me. The look he had in his eyes when Liam told him I didn't remember him made me feel sad, sorry for him. Maybe I should remember him, it seems like he loves me a lot.

I've been sleeping for like twelve hours now, and my body is still so exhausted that I think if I closed my eyes I'd just fall sleep again.

Liam brought me coffee and some food about an hour ago, he told me his name and that he'll come check on me again in a few hours. He was nice and very careful with me, but I could see in his eyes that he was very sad.

It's weird because I don't know who he is, and I can't imagine what he's feeling right now, what all of them are feeling.

I understand what happens, well understand is a big word but it wasn't that hard to figure out. Something happened to me, I still don't know what or when or whatever, but I was hurt, fell into a coma and now I forgot pretty much my entire life.

The doctor asked me questions yesterday, and I told him the truth, I remember my name, what I look like and that's pretty much it.

It's weird because I can feel that I'm an entire person, like I'm a grown up woman, but I don't know what happened to me before that made me become that person. It's like...

I only have bribes of memory of like my house and very vague flashes of what my parents look like but otherwise I have nothing, I don't know anything about why I am who I am.

It's so confusing.

I can hear people in the house walking by my room and talking and things, but none of them actually came inside my bedroom expect Liam, and he was very nice with me, very calm.

I noticed that there was a book on my nightstand, and I don't remember if it was there yesterday because I was kind of focused on trying to understand what on earth was going on, but when I woke up I saw it.

It's called Alice in Wonderland, and it looks like it's an old copy, maybe it's mine, but I don't know what it's about or anything.

I'm not sure how it got there or why, well what it means to me, but I'm sure I'll find time to read it in the next few days... weeks, I don't know.

There was also a phone with some earbuds.

I'm not sure how I knew how to use it, it kind of felt like muscle memory but I managed to put on some music and it helped me relax a bit. I've always loved music, I know that for some reason, and even through I didn't actually know the songs there was a kind of familiarity.

Every single thing I did kind of felt like muscle memory actually.

Like I'm doing everything mechanically.