Chapter Nine

Louis' pov

I wake up in the middle of the night with a massive head ache, the throbbing so strong it makes my head spin and my ears ring, and my skin feels like it's burning hot.

I groan as I sit up on the bed, throwing the sheets off me and rubbing my face with my palms, breathing heavily.

I take my time getting up from the bed, knowing if I go too fast I'd just end up even more dizzy, and I'd rather not pass out in the hallway. I don't bother putting a shirt on, staying in only my boxers and standing up slowly.

I limp my way to my bedroom door and walk downstairs as quietly as I can, turning the lights on and going to the kitchen. I grab a bottle of water from the fridge and press it against my forehead, sighing in relief as the frozen water touches my skin.

I reach into the cupboard above the sink and grab a bottle of painkillers, popping one into my mouth and chugging half of the bottle down with it.

I grab a piece of bread from the counter and eat it quietly, staying downstairs for a few more minutes and finishing the bottle of water before I decide to get back into my bedroom, the pain still there and not exactly pleasant, but I know it'll go away soon enough.

The painkillers we have in the house are very strong, considering we usually use them after getting beaten up or shot or stabbed or whatever else happens to us, so I know in a few minutes I'll be good.

We all went to sleep early tonight, but I'm still pretty tired from the long day we had.

Harry and I spend about an hour and a half in the basement, training together and it was...nice, we had a lot of fun.

It was the first time in days that we were able to be around each other without having any yelling and fighting each other involved.

After that we all spent about two and a half hours in the meeting room, Liam gave us all of the details about the targets and what we know about the party and what the place looks like so we could figure out where is the safe.

Somehow Liam and Niall managed to find out that it's hidden in a room on the third floor, so we'll take the targets there considering it's surely gonna be empty.

Then we had dinner and laughed and all chatted for a while before we just went into the living room and did pretty much nothing.

We listened to some music and drank a couple beers, until eventually we all went to bed, it was just a little before midnight.

I yawn quietly as I walk back upstairs, but when I reach the hallway and get closer to my bedroom I hear a bit of sounds coming from Harry's door.

Sounds that resemble sniffling, crying, and my heart twists a bit.

I slowly move closer to the door and press my ear against it. The sounds are barely audible but I'm certain I'm not hearing things, there is quiet crying mixing with a loud and shaky breathing, and I don't even think before I knock on the door.

"Harry ?" I ask quietly and then sounds stop completely. "Are you alright ?" I ask again, but I don't get any answers, and the worry only rises inside me.

"I'm coming in." I warn, slowly pushing the door open.

My eyes fall on Harry as he sits on the floor with his back against the wall next to his bed, his head buried into his hands.

The room is dark but there is a small deep blue light on his nightstand next to him that allows me to see him.

I push the door further open and take quick steps towards him, crouching down next to his shaking body.