Chapter Forty-Three

Louis' pov

"Harry ?" I call as I walk into the library, a bit breathless from having searched the entire house for Harry. 

I find him sprawled out on the sofa with a book resting on his chest and his eyes closed peacefully. He has an arm above his head and the other hanging off the sofa and I smile at the sight.

I walk closer to him and crouch down next to the couch, peppering soft kisses on his cheek and running my fingers through his hair, feeling as he slowly wakes up, inhaling a sharp breath and groaning softly.

He blinks his eyes open and gives me a small smile, inhaling a long breath and making grabby hands at me to pull me down, his arms wrapping around my shoulders as soon as I'm settled on top of him.

"Hi." he murmurs, nudging at my cheek before pressing a soft kiss to my lips. "You look particularly hot and gorgeous at the moment, what's up ?" he says, his fingers tugging a bit on my turtleneck and I sit back up between his legs, resting my hands on his thighs that are spread around my waist.

"I'm taking you out on a date." I say proudly, an excited smile on my lips and Harry's eyes light up and he flashes me with a toothy grin. He runs his hands down my arms until he reaches my hands and laces our fingers together.

"You what ??"

"We've been dating for a week and basically have been together for over a month now, and I never took you out on a date. So go get dressed, we're leaving in fifteen minutes."

I lean down to press what was supposed to be a quick kiss to his lips, but Harry releases my hand to cradle my cheek and keep me down, his tongue teasing at my lips and slipping inside to meet mine.

I hum contently into his mouth, grabbing his side and sliding my hand under his shirt, feeling the chills that erupt on his stomach as I run my fingers on his soft skin.

"Okay, okay stop." I laugh softly, reluctantly pulling away and Harry pouts dramatically, batting his lashes and giving me his most innocent look. "Go get dressed, please." I peck his lips again before climbing off his lap.

"This is very unusual of you, but I'm loving it." Harry chuckles, running past me and into the hallway so quickly I'm surprised he didn't fall on his ass, and I have a large smile plastered to my face as I get downstairs.

When I reach the living room Zayn whistles, looking at me up and down and I simply flip him off as a response, flopping down on the sofa across from him and putting my feet on the coffee table.

"I know for a fact you only wear turtlenecks for special occasions, so spill." he says, wiggling his eyebrow and I sigh.

"I'm taking Harry out." I answer simply, a little less excited to talk about it with Zayn because I just know the fucker is gonna ask me a million questions and never leave me alone until I tell him every single detail.

Thankfully right as he lets out a shocked dramatic yelp and open his mouth to say something, Lucy walks in the room and sits down next to him, and seriously, thank god for that woman.

He immediately turns his head towards her, like there's a magnet connecting her face and his eyes and he just cannot look anywhere expect at her as soon as she's in the same room as him.

He smiles brightly at her, cupping her jaw and leaning in to press a quick kiss to her lips, hearts basically popping out of his eyes as he looks at her.

He talks to her for a few seconds and I try to make myself invisible, sinking into the cushions and hoping that having her next to him will distract him long enough for Harry to come down and I'm gonna be able avoid his interrogation until tomorrow.

But of course, Lucy ruins it all.