Chapter Sixty

2015

Liv's pov

"Hello miss," I look away from my phone and towards the man speaking, my eyebrows slightly furrowed when my eyes meet his. 

The way he's looking at me makes me uncomfortable immediately, and I give him an award closed lips smile while he gives me a slow once over. I quickly return to the counter and focus on my phone, still waiting for my drink to arrive.

"What's a beautiful lady like you doing here alone ?" he continues but I ignore him, I don't really care to tell him that no actually, I'm not alone.

 I shouldn't have to tell him that I have someone here with me to get him to leave me the fuck alone.

And I'm really, really not in the mood to deal with some sexist asshole that just wants to get his dick wet.

When he takes a step forward I take a step back, keeping my eyes glued to my phone and scrolling down instagram, praying that having me ignore him will be enough to have him fuck off.

"Come on don't play hard to get honey." he reaches his hand out to touch me but I move away, clenching my fists to stop myself from twisting his arm around or shoving my fist into his jaw.

I probably shouldn't be killing someone in the middle of a pub.

"Let me pay for your drink darling." he smiles, leaning closer again and I feel bile rise into my throat.

Sir if you don't take a step back I'll throw up on you. 

And I won't have any remorse.

"I can pay for myself." is all that I say in response, really, really trying to keep my composure and not just beat his ass.

"A pretty girl like you shouldn't have to pay," he once again takes a step forward. I move away and lean with my back against the counter, digging my teeth into my bottom lip. 

"I just gave you a compliment are you not gonna answer ?" he says and I roll my eyes, but then his hand is running down my hair and the anger makes me see red.

"Don't fucking touch me !" I spit, twisting my neck away so he doesn't touch me anymore and I grab my phone, honestly considering throwing it into his face right now.

"Now you're just acting like a bitch-"

"Hi baby." he's cut off by a woman's voice, somebody I don't know, and my eyes widen slightly when a beautiful brunette that looks to be just a few years odler than me moves to stand between us. 

She rest a gentle hand on my hip and softly presses her lips to my cheek." Are you okay ?" she whispers into my ear and I nod as discreetly as I can, a genuine smile drawing on my lips when she pulls back with a wink and a warm grin.

She grabs the glass the bartender just put on the counter and hands it to me, eyes gentle as they look into mine.

"Oh so you're into chicks huh ?" the guy says and I might genuinely throw up from the look of excitement that's now on his face.

"I'm sorry what makes you think you can talk to her ?" the girl turns around with narrowed eyes and I quietly take a sip of my drink, enjoying the burn of the alcohol running down my throat.

"She seemed lonely, I was just trying to chat."

"She's not lonely anymore, fuck off." she says with a cold tone.

The guy tries to take a step forward, eyes now filled with anger but before he can do anything a tall guy is pushing at his chest and shoving him away from us, and I see the girl next to me looking kind of confused while I just smile and sip my drink.