Chapter Nineteen

March 2013

"Hey, I'm home !" Harry calls as he walks through the front door, closing it with his foot and throwing his jacket on the sofa.

He isn't surprised that Olivia doesn't answer him, thinking she's probably just wearing her headphones as usual.

He flips down on the sofa and grabs the remote, turning the tv on and resting his feet on the coffee table, already feeling his eyes slowly starting to close as he finally gets a second to relax.

His day at work was very tiring, he basically spent the entire time carrying boxes, taking them out of the trucks and climbing the stairs with what felt like hundreds of kilos in his arms.

So yeah, he's exhausted.

But then his stomach growls, and he stands back up with a groan, every muscles in his body protesting against the movements.

He limps his way to the small opened kitchen and reaches inside the fridge, groaning again when he realizes they have pretty much nothing to eat, well expect some eggs and butter which would't be that bad if they at least had some toasts, but when Harry opens his cupboard he realizes that nope, it's completely empty.

"Liv ? I'm gonna go get some groceries what do you need ?" he shouts again, a little louder this time before shutting the fridge and grabbing a glass on the sink.

He brings the now filled up glass to his lips and chugs it down, sighing in relief when the cold water runs down his throat.

Once again he doesn't get any answers from Olivia, and this time he decides to go to her bedroom so he can ask her.

He would just buy what he usually gets her, but he doesn't want to have to go again tomorrow in case he forgot something so he'd rather have her give him a list.

He pushes the door open slowly, not wanting to risk waking her up if she managed fell asleep, she's been very tired these past few days and it'd be good for her to get a few extra hours of rest.

But when the door opens he realizes that she's not there. Her bed is empty and so is her desk chair, and all of her lights are off.

It's a bit weird because he doesn't hear any sounds coming from the bathroom, but maybe she's just taking a bath or something and can't hear him. He walks closer to the bathroom door and and knocks a couple times.

No response.

Harry frowns, knocking once more but he still doesn't get any type of response.

He would've thought Liv wasn't here and maybe is out for a walk or something, but he can see the lights coming from under the door and he knows for a fact that she would've told him if she left the apartment, she always tells him what she does and where she goes.

"Are you alright ?" he asks.

He knocks again, a weird feeling rising from his stomach up to his throat, and he still doesn't get any answers.

"Olivia if you don't answer I'm gonna come in." he warns, and this time when he doesn't hear anything he pushes the door open.

They don't have any locks in their apartment, and it's in moments like this that he thinks that's a really good thing.

As soon as his eyes fall on Olivia's body he feels sick.

He falls to his knees in front of her and pulls her head up into his lap, his heart beating too fast when he looks down at her pale skin and closed eyes.

"Liv, hey hey beautiful look at me." he grabs her cheeks, feeling how cold her skin feels under his warm hands.

"Olivia, please wake up." his voice raises as he feels the fear pump through his veins.

And then he sees it, the needle on the floor, and the spot in Liv' left arm.

"Shit !" he now completely screams, not giving a single shit if the entire building hears him.

"Olivia wake up now, you have to wake up come on !!" he tries to reach for his phone into his pocket with his shaky hand and keeps the other one on her cheek.

He bends over her and presses his ear to her chest, trying to hear her heartbeat.

Nothing.

''This can't he happening'' Harry thinks,

''This is a nightmare and I'm going to wake up on the couch with Liv laying next to me eating fucking popcorn.''

His heart is beating so hard he can hear it in his ears and his entire body feels like it's burning, and there's a tightness in his throat and a twist in his stomach that makes him feel like he's going to be sick.

"No no no, no Liv open your eyes come on !!" he brings the phone to his ear, his entire body shaking as he hears the long beeps and waits. "Come on beautiful, you"

"Yes, hello, I need an ambulance at 6th Jeffrey Street, yes, yes in Manchester.

Um it's my sister, I think she's overdosing, I can't hear her heartbeat...

Heroine, no, no it's not the first time she used.

She's sixteen.

Please just send someone quickly."

Every word that tumbles out of his mouth is shaky and strained but he makes sure to answer every single question the woman on the other side asks.

He puts the phone on speaker and lets it fall onto the floor while he waits for the ambulance to come.

He holds Olivia's small and pale face into his hands, softly rubbing her cheeks as he looks down at her, tears falling from his eyes and down his own cheeks, but he can't even bring himself to let go off her for long enough to wipe them away.

"You're gonna be okay beautiful, you're gonna be fine I promise, it's gonna be okay. I love you so much, you're be okay."

He whispers, repeating the words like he is repeating a mantra, like the more he says them the more true they'll become.

But she's going to be okay, he's sure of it.

She's young and strong and perfect and she's everything he has in the world, she'll be okay.