Chapter Seventeen

Louis' pov

Harry and I stay in the car for about twenty minutes, in silence... again.

This time he doesn't grab my hand, doesn't touch me in any way, he just stares out the window while I smoke too many cigarettes.

Knowing Zayn is going to be okay is really helping me feel better, but now that the adrenaline is coming down the exhaustion is taking over, and I just want to sleep... and cry, and I'm not even sure why.

When Liam finally calls and tells us they got Zayn we leave, driving behind their truck.

When we get home Liam, Moon and Jules take Zayn off the stretcher and carry him inside, being careful with his blood perfusion as they place him down on the sofa.

Harry and I fall down on the other sofa across the coffee table and I exhale a shaky breath, running my slightly shaky fingers through my hair.

"What do we do now ?" Harry asks quietly, and I look up when I hear Lucy walks inside the living room with Niall, her eyes widening visibly when she sees Zayn.

She looks away quickly, seeming a bit sad as she instead focuses on Liam.

He stands next to the sofas, bags under his eyes and hands in the pockets of his joggers.

"Did you get any info when you were in the building ?" he asks and I shake my head, laying back against the sofa.

"We killed everyone there, didn't really have a choice. It was the both of us and a half awake Zayn against a dozen of armed people." I explain.

"The cleaning team already went to the building, so I'm gonna need two of you to go search it and try to find anything about where Liv could be held." Liam asks.

"I'll go-" Harry is quick to say but Liam cuts him off.

"You're not going anywhere, you need to rest."

"I'll go." Moon says, Jules offering to go with her.

"Alright, take the suv, try to be quick and discrete, we don't know how long it will take for Simon to know what happened and send other people." he says and Jules presses a kiss to Liam's lips before them and Moon go out.

"Niall, look into very single abandoned building around the area where we found Zayn, look into every single thing you can." he says and Niall runs back up the stairs.

"He's awake." Lucy says quietly and our heads all shoot to Zayn.

I jump off the sofa and basically run to him, crouching down next to his body, seeing his bloodshot eyes half opened.

"How hot am I ?" he whispers, coughing a few times as he looks at me with tired eyes, his eyelashes heavy. "Ouch." he grunts quietly and I brush his dirty hair away from his face.

"Hey Z," Liam says, walking closer to him. "It's good to see you again."

"Hi boss." Zayn smiles weakly. "It's good to be home."

"We need to talk." Liam then says and Zayn gives him a nod, sitting up slowly and I'm quick to reach out for him and help him, being careful not to touch any of his wounds.

He has stitches all over his body, very nasty bruises on his face and still has the blood perfusion into his arm but otherwise he seems pretty much okay.

He's a strong fucking bastard.

I love him so much it hurts.

"How did they get to you ?" Liam asks and Zayn takes a breath before he starts speaking.