Chapter Thirty-Nine

Louis' pov

My phone ringing makes me jump and snap out of my very much needed sleep, and I groan loudly, reaching my arm out and grabbing it on the nightstand. I don't even bother to turn around and just keeping my face pressed to the pillow.

It's three in the fucking morning for christ sake, but when I see Harry's name my eyebrows furrow a bit.

If he's calling me up this late, it can't be anything good.

I pick up immediately, mumbling a barely audible ''hello'' but Harry doesn't speak for a long moment and I only hear his loud and labored breathing through the phone. I now I'm getting even more worried.

"Harry ? Whats wrong ??" I ask, sitting up on my bed and rubbing my eyes with my fingers. I can hear Harry swallowing and exhaling a deep breath on the other side of the phone.

"Hi Lou." he whispers simply.

"Talk to me sun, what's going on ?" I ask again, my throat dry and I clear my throat to try to get rid of the sleepiness.

"I'm sorry I'm calling so late, but.. I miss you, and I'm tired. Today wasn't very good." he murmurs, his voice small and tired it makes my heart sink a bit.

Jules, Niall and I left yesterday evening for a job, well a personal job.

Remember the code that dear Robert gave us ?

Well Niall finally cracked it.

He found out that Malaury Toscane is the code name a guy uses when he buys guns and drugs and other illegal stuff, including...well human beings. And that guy turned out to be a pretty close associate of Simon, so the info was actually very good.

Niall found proof of some transactions that were made between ''Malaury Toscane'' and Simon Cowell, and he also found some security camera footage that proved that they do in fact, know each other very well.

I'll need to thank Rob when we get back.

Maybe I'll reattach one of his fingers.

Niall then managed to find the guy's address, he hacked into the security cameras all around it, checking if maybe there was a sign of Simon or somebody close to him, or even a simple sign that could help us, but nope.

So we went there, to investigate a bit and ask him a few questions.

We found his house in the center or Manchester and stayed on look out the entire day, hidden in stolen cars with hoodies and caps and sunglasses and the whole private detective look.

It wasn't the most exciting day in the world, it was fucking boring and infuriating, and I had to smack Niall's head ever so often to keep him from falling asleep but it was important.

We hoped that maybe we could get a glimpse of someone or something that could help us, but the only thing we saw was the guy and a bunch of woman going in and out every few hours, looking either drunk or high.

So we decided that we were gonna ask him a couple questions at night.

We went in, Jules shot his leg, he yelped and screamed in pain, asked us who we were bla-bla-bla...

Then torture, he only told us what we already knew, we killed him.

The usual.

I'm honestly getting bored of torturing people.

And it turns out the guy didn't know where Simon was and didn't have any information to give us, but he did know what Simon wants.

Us.