Chapter Twenty-Seven

Harry's pov

"Louis !" I call as I literally run after him, watching as he gets into his bedroom and slams the door behind him right as I reach it.

"Lou, open the door please." I ask a bit quieter, giving the door a little knock with my knuckles.

"Can you leave me alone ?" Louis' small voice comes from the other side of the door, and my throat feels a bit tight.

He sounds so broken and sad, I really fucking hate it.

"No, I'm sorry but I'm not going to leave you right now. And if you don't open the door I'm just gonna come in." I speak softly, and it doesn't even take two seconds before Louis opens the door.

His eyes are full of tears, and the second he's at arms reach I pull him into a tight hug, shutting the door with my feet and pushing him further inside.

At first Louis doesn't hug me back, only stays a bit frozen until eventually he wraps his arms around my waist and lets himself be held.

"What are you doing ?" he whispers after a few seconds, and if I wasn't as sad and tired as I currently am I would be laughing at how genuinely confused he sounds.

"I'm hugging you, you fucking dumbass." I answer and Louis huffs, shoving me away from him and taking a step back.

"You haven't spoken to me in almost five fucking days and the first thing you do is hug me ?" he says, his eyes angry and sad and confused as he looks at me.

"No Louis please, I don't wanna fight with you, not now." I whine, rubbing my face with my palms and flopping down on the edge of Louis' bed.

"I'm not trying to fight, I'm trying to be honest." he answers, standing a few feet away from me with his back against the wall and his arms crossed over his chest.

It feels a bit like he's shielding himself from me, and I really don't like that.

"You've ignored me, literally walked out of rooms when I walked in and haven't said a word to me in days, many days, you can't just come back and pretend it never happened."

"That's not what I'm doing." I frown, letting my hands fall into my lap. "Um... I know you've been trying to help me and everything, and I've been an asshole-"

"That's an understatement." Louis cuts me off with a snort and I don't bother answering him.

I'm not gonna deny it anyway.

"I'm still trying to figure all of this out, and letting people in isn't easy for me. The only person I really speak too about... whatever the hell is going inside of me is Liv, and I don't know how to do it with someone else." I say, fiddling with my fingers in my lap and chewing on my cheeks a bit anxiously.

"I'm sorry that I pushed you away and I was such a dick, I really am. But I don't care about what happened before, I hate seeing you sad and there's no way I'm going to leave you alone after everything that happened tonight." I speak honestly.

"I understand everything you're telling me Harry, and I understand why you were the dickhead that you were, but I'm sorry I can't keep doing whatever this is between us if this is what happens all the time." Louis sighs.

"This isn't what was supposed to happen when I said I liked you."

"I haven't had a drink since the last time we talked, when you slept in my room." I say suddenly and Louis' eyes widen a bit, so I explain.

"After we fought that day I went to see Liv and then I went to the basements to try to train for a bit, but I couldn't even hold my gun properly because I was shaking so much. I stopped drinking because I know I wasn't myself anymore when I was wasted and I acted horribly with you and everyone else."