Chapter Twenty-Three

Liam's pov

"Li ?" I look up from my papers when I hear Jules walking into my office, a smile on their face and a coffee in their hand. "Hi." they say, putting the cup down on my desk and walking around it.

"Hi babe." I roll my chair back and pull them onto my lap so their knees are on either side of my hips.

I bury my head into their neck and hug them close, humming contently at how warm they feel.

"You smell good." I whisper, feeling Jules' shoulders shake slightly as they breathe out a laugh.

"Thank you." they pull away and plant a soft kiss to my cheek. "What are you working on ?" they ask then, burying their hands into my hair and gently scratching at my scalp.

"A new job." I answer simply.

"For me ??" Jules bats their eyelashes and I shake my head, their happy expression switching to a pout, and I know they're tired of not having anything to do.

"I'm sorry, I wanted to put Zayn and Louis on it, I think they both need to go out for a bit, and it'll be good for them to work together again." I say, kissing the pout of their lips and bringing my hand to their jaw, softly rubbing their skin.

"You're gonna have to give me something to do, or else I'll just end up staying here with you all the time and be all whiny and annoying." Jules says with an arched eyebrow.

"I'm okay with that, I like having you here." I shrug a shoulder. "I wish I could put you on something but really but right now I don't have anything, I'm sorry." I explain and Jules nods but still pouts a bit.

Being hyperactive means that they need to have ways to stay busy and distracted pretty much all the time, and I try to put them to work as possible, but the truth is I can't just put them on every single jobs, especially if I know someone else would be more adapted for it.

"It's alright, I'll just try to do something here I guess, maybe work out a bit."

"I would tell you to go train with Lucy but apparently Zayn is her official personal trainer now." I say and Jules smiles softly.

"They do spend a lot of time together don't they ?" Jules says and I nod, leaning closer to brush our noses together. "They're kind of cute, I think Zayn really likes her."

"Yeah he's being very sweet with her." I return Jules' smile, wrapping my arms around their lower back to pull them even closer.

"You look tired." Jules says as I press a kiss to the corner of their mouth. "Do you want to go take a nap ? Or do you have to work right now ?" they ask, their eyes darting between my own.

"I need to stay in here for a bit but I won't be too long. How about when I'm done we go have lunch together and then we can nap ?" I offer and Jules nod.

"Can I stay with you while you work ?"

"Of course." I smile, pressing another kiss to their lips and feeling as Jules smiles against my mouth.

I allow my tongue to slip between their lips and invade their mouth to play with their own, Jules releasing a quiet moan and I bring one hand up to their jaw to pull them even closer if that's possible.

Even after all of these years together I still have those same butterflies in my stomach every time I kiss them.

It's like I'll never get used to how everything feels with them.

I rub their hip and inhale a sharp breath though my nose, our mouths moving in perfect unison.

Our tongues tangling and our lips molding together like they were made to be connected like this.

"Babe- Liam," Jules chuckles, pulling away with a few soft pecks. "Working, then kissing." they say, giving me one last soft kiss before they nod towards my desk and I sigh, really not in the mood to work when I could be laying in bed with my beautiful person.

I keep one arm wrapped around their waist and move back to the desk, feeling Jules' hands move into my hair and play with them while I go back to preparing tomorrow's job.

About half an hour later there's a knock on the door, and I frown slightly as I call out a little yes, and Lucy walks in.

Jules looks over their shoulder at her, before their eyes turn back to me.

"Hey, can I talk to you ?" Lucy asks me and I nod, putting my pen down and Jules presses a kiss to my cheek before they climb off my lap.

"I'll cook us something and come get you when it's ready." they tell me.

"I love you !!" I call right before they close the door, hearing them exhale a small laugh as they walk away and Lucy gives me a smile.

"You okay ?" I ask her, gesturing for her to sit down across the desk from me.

"Yeah, yeah I'm good actually," she says and I smile, giving her a nod as a gesture for her to continue. "I wanted to...well talk to you about something."

"Alright, I'm listening."

"You know when I first got here're talked about me living here and everything ? We said I would stay here until I found something else ?"

"Yeah." I answer and Lucy takes a breath before she answers, fiddling with her hands on the desk.

"I don't want to find something else... I want to stay here." she says simply.

"You want to stay here ? Like live here ?" I ask for clarifications and she nods, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't expect it.

When we first found Lucy she was lost and confused and had just gone through some of the hardest moments of her life, and what I told her was that we were going to do everything we could to make her feel safe.

But I never expected things to go the way they did.

We trained her and taught her what we knew. Jules spent days with her in the basement, explaining to her exactly how weapons worked and how to shoot and use them right.

Moon gave her the basic medical training we all have, how to clean up wounds and what to do when you get seriously injured, how to stop a bleeding and when to go to the hospital.

How to do stitches and bandage a wound in the right way and everything else.

Then Zayn started training her with physical confrontation, and now they spend hours in the gym together every day, very obviously having a very special thing between them.

At first I expected her to stay for a few weeks, take all of the knowledge we could give her and go back into the real world.

But after only a few days I think we all realized that she was right where she belonged here, she's good here.

She got better so quickly, she's very very strong and smart she's happy, well from what I'm seeing at least.

She came a long way, and I have to admit that I'd be kind of disappointed if she decided to go after all of this.

She became pretty good at everything she does, she gets along with everyone, and having her here is the only good thing we can find in this entire fucked um situation.

"I want to start working with you, and do the same as the rest of you." Lucy answers, still playing with her fingers like she's a bit anxious.

"Do you think that you're ready for that ? To do actual jobs and have to steal and murder and do all of this ??" I ask, turning the pen between my fingers and Lucy is quick to nod.

"Yeah, do you think I am ?"

"I think you're physically more than ready, you're a very good fighter and you're good with weapons, but you need to be aware of how serious what we do is, we don't just have fun and money and do easy things." I explain.

I know Lucy isn't the most innocent person in the world, pretty far from it actually, but there's a big difference between thinking you can put a bullet between someone's eyes and actually doing it.

"I'm aware of that, and I'm not saying I'm going to be ready to start shooting people like it's nothing tomorrow. But I want to learn, I want to learn everything."