Chapter Twenty-Five

Zayn's pov

"Hey Lu." I smile brightly as I walk into the training room, finding Lucy already there and waiting for me on the floor, with her phone in her hands.

Liam bought her one a couple weeks ago, and she doesn't spend that much time on it compared to some of us (...Niall ), but she seems to be enjoying the few apps she put on there.

It's very cute because she told us she've never had a phone before, considering the dickhead she calls her ex didn't allow her to have one.

I wish every day that I'll get my hand on him.

She stands up when she sees me arrive, grabbing the hair tie on her wrist and pulling her hair up in a high ponytail.

"I'm gonna put on some music, is that alright with you ?" I ask and she only nods in response, pulling her shirt off so she's only in her sports bra while I'm in a tank top and some black shorts.

I plug my phone into the speakers and click on a random energetic playlist, not putting the sound too high so we can still hear each other speak.

I walk closer to where Lucy is standing, smiling at her as she stretches her arms above her head and cracks her neck.

"How are you this morning ?" I ask, pulling my matches and cigarettes out of my pocket and throwing them on a chair next to us.

"A bit tired," she answers, taking a step closer so she's at arms reach, her blue eyes looking deep into mine and making me feel almost shy. "But otherwise I'm fine."

"Did you eat yet ?"

"No I just woke up." she says with a shake of her head and I frown. "I'm okay, I'm not hungry, I'll eat after we're done." Lucy dismisses before I can even say something, a small smile on her lips and I give her a short nod before I focus back on what we're here to do.

"Before we start I want you to show me what we learned last time." I say, taking another step closer until our bodies are almost touching and hovering my hands above her skin.

"Okay ?" I ask and she simply nods in response again, a serious look on her face, so I grab her arms and hold them, not too tight, before crossing them together in front of her.

Lucy reacts quickly, using her heel to hit the back of my knee, the action making me loose balance and loosen my hold on her, and she uses the opportunity to twists her arms so she can take them away from me.

When she's done she throws her knee into my crotch, thankfully not actually hitting me but definitely knowing what she's doing. I bend over like I would if she just kneed me in the balls and she then grips my neck, pushing my head down and bringing her knee into my nose.

Well.. wow.

"Good ?" she asks, exhaling a long breath and I smile, standing back up and nodding quickly, staying close to her but not daring to put my hands on her.

"Very good. I'd be on the floor right now if you actually hit me." I answer honestly.

"That's not true." Lucy smiles a bit shyly, looking away from me but I'm quick to argue, clenching my fists by my side to stop myself from reaching out for her and grab her face to make her look back at me.

"Yeah it is, and I'm the one who taught you all that, imagine what you'll do to someone who doesn't know how you fight."

"Okay stop hyping me up, fight me." she says, and I know I take her by surprise when I actually do.

I throw a punch, slower and a lot softly than what I'd usually throw and she dodges it by bending down, so I use the opportunity to elbow her in the back to show her what would happen in an actual fight.