Chapter Fifty-One

Zayn's pov

"So Jake, you like hitting women yeah ?" I say, tilting my head a bit while Jake coughs on his own blood and I grab him by the collar to make sure he stays on his feet.

Yeah sorry buddy, I probably broke your nose.

"What ?? What the fuck are you talki-" he starts but I cut him off with another punch, keeping it light enough so he doesn't faint or die or anything, but strong enough that he cries out in pain and I can feel the satisfaction of hitting that man run through my veins.

"That was actually a rhetorical question but thank you very much for your answer." I say, hearing Louis snort next to me. "Could I get a cigarette please?" I ask, looking sideways at him and he gives me a nod, reaching inside his back pocket for his cigarettes.

He pushes it between my lips and lights it up for me since I'm still holding Jake by the collar and I can't really do it myself.

"Thank you." I say, taking the smoke out of my lips and exhaling into the air, before putting it in my mouth again.

I undo the first couple of buttons on Jake's shirt and he just stares at me with terrified eyes.

"You see, that girl over there ?" I mumble around the smoke, nodding towards where Lucy and Harry are standing.

"Yeah she's kind of my girl. And I'm kind of in love with her you know ?" I say, holding the cigarette between fingers and waving it around, and there's a hint of anger that flashes across Jake's eyes at my words, but he doesn't dare say anything.

"So... I kind of need to fuck you up. Just a tad." I smile, and then I'm pressing the cigarette against the skin above his collarbones. 

Louis' hand snaps to his mouth right in time to muffle the dramatic shout that leaves Jake's lips, and I can see him roll his eyes in the corner of my eyes.

"It hurts a bit... yeah I know." I scrunch my nose up, feigning compassion. "I wish I could say I'm done but truly I'm just getting started."

I bring the cigarette back to my lips and take a long drag, exhaling the smoke right into Jake's face before I reach into my pants and grab the butterfly knife I always keep in my back pocket.

"Stop, please stop-" Jake sobs against Louis' palm and I click my tongue, shaking my head a bit.

"It's hard isn't it," I start, gripping his chin and forcing him to keep his eyes on me while he releases pathetic whines, and Louis winces at the sound.

I pull the knife up and wave it around in front of him, and his eyes grow even wider as he stares at the sharp blade.

I keep hold of his face while I swipe it across his collarbones, seeing the blood drip down his dirty skin and he groans. 

"Having someone hurt you and doesn't stop no matter how hard you beg ?"

I give him a second to recompose himself, and seriously, people like him are always the weakest motherfuckers.

Easier to hit a woman when she can't do anything than to take a little pain huh ?

When I feel like he's alright to go again, I bring the knife higher and drag it across the space where his neck meets his shoulder, hearing him choke on a sob. 

When I look back up I see the tears filling his eyes, and I could laugh honestly.

If I wasn't so fucking angry at the moment.

There's a barely audible mumble coming from him and I tilt my head, raising my eyebrows and smiling wide at him.