Chapter 2

3rd POV

After all four of them rested, they get out of the apartment to see if there’s a way out of Nagazora.

Ray : “So, any ideas what to do ?”

Mei : “Should we get out of Nagazora ?”

Lei : “But how ?”

Kiana : “What if we search for other survivors ? Maybe they know what to do ?”

Ray : “That’s a good idea, let’s search for the others. Before we go out, make sure you’re all ready.”

Others : “Okay”

Ray is the first one to get out of the room and look around, he then check the stairs to make sure there’s no zombies around. He called the others and they quickly get down silently, when they reached the bottom floor, they are surprised to see that there’s no zombies on the road. Ray cautiously get out of the apartment and followed by the others, they walk trough the road carefully. After a few hours, they see zombies, and a lot of them. Ray told the others to stop and ask them if there’s any other way, which there isn’t.

But not that long after, a new honkai beast appeared. A big one, white colored with a few red lines on it’s body. Ray and the rest are surprised to see the new creature, but they quickly regain they’re composure and moved past them silently. After that encounter, they took a quick rest inside a shop.

Lei : “What... Was that ?”

Kiana : “That was a honkai beast , but can we kill that though ?”

Mei : “I don’t think it’s possible, even If we can. There’s a high risk of injury.”

Ray : “...”
Mei : “Ray ? Is there a problem ?”

Ray : “Huh ? Oh, no, there’s no problem. I was just thinking about other things.”

Lei : “Are you okay Ray ?”

Ray : “I’m fine Lei... So, is everyone ready to go out again ?”

Kiana : “I’m hungry” *Stomach sounds*

Others : *Looks at Kiana*

Kiana : *Looks away*

Ray : “Huh, so that can happen...”

Kiana : “Hey ! What’s wrong with that ?”

Ray : “No, there’s nothing wrong. Anyway, let’s search for food in this place. Maybe there’s some left that we can eat.”

The others agreed and they go in pairs to search for food, Mei with Lei and Ray with Kiana. Fortunately they rest inside a small shop, so they can get food and other stuffs quickly. After resting (again) they get out of the shop and continue searching for other survivor. That is until a certain white creature attacks them. Ray acted quick and push Lei away who was behind him, he got thrown away not that far from the rest.

Others : “RAY !”

Ray : “I’m fine ! Focus on the honkai beast !”

The others prepares their weapon, Mei with her shotgun, Kiana with her pistols, and Lei with the axe that Ray dropped when he was thrown. Kiana fire the first shot, gaining the honkai beast’s attention. And then Mei shot a few times from behind, and Lei circle the honkai beast and then swing the axe towards the honkai beast’s leg. The honkai beast screamed in pain, while Ray run towards Lei and shout to her to give him the axe. Lei throw the axe and Ray catch it while questioning how did she throw it, but he quickly focus his attention back to the honkai beast. While Kiana and Mei keeps shooting the honkai beast, Ray run towards it and jump in front of it while preparing his axe in one hand and then slash horizontally at the honkai beast’s face, injuring both of it’s eyes. Ray then rolled on the ground and slash it’s legs until it falls, and finally it dies. All of them then regroup and sit down to rest for a few moments, but that is until the honkai beast once again moves and attack Ray with it’s hands(?) and then run towards Kiana who is the closest to it, and throw her away.

Mei & Lei : “RAY ! KIANA !”

Ray tries to get up but his body is tired, and need rest after the fight. But he forced himself to stand up just to see that the honkai beast is right in front of him, and then got thrown away. Kiana also tries to get up, and succeeded in doing so. She then shot the honkai beast with her pistols, but then. A *Click* was heard, meaning the bullet were empty. She then tries to reload it but, her ammo were all used in the previous battle. She runs towards Ray to help him get up, while Mei is getting the honkai beast attention with her shotgun. But, a *Click* was also heard from her gun. She then quickly pull Lei’s hand and run towards Ray, hoping he knows what to do. When all of them reached Ray, they’re shocked to see that one of his arm is pierced with a metal, while he is still trying to get his arm out. But his body is alredy tired and lost some blood making him weaker.

Kiana helped Ray by pulling out the metal that pierced his arm, Ray groans in pain while gritting his teeth. He then got bandaged by Mei, while the honkai beast is getting closer to them. Ray and the others think that this is their end. But, when the honkai beast almost crush them. A *Boom* sound were heard, and someone appeared from behind the now dead honkai beast.

Ray : A kid ? Wait, is that kid floating ? And there’s a robot behind her ? What is that ?

Mei & Kiana : “Bronya !”

Lei : “Uh, who ?”

Kiana : “Ray and Lei, this is Bronya. Bronya, this is Ray and Lei.”

Lei : “Um, nice to meet you Bronya.”

Bronya : “Da, nice to meet you subject Lei”

Ray : “H-hello Bronya, it will be nice to meet you if not for my injured arm.”
Bronya : “Da, nice to meet you subject Ray. And Bronya will help with subject Ray’s injury.”

Ray : “I-I see, thank you Bronya.”

Bronya nodded and start giving Ray some medicine to reduce the pain, not long after Ray can walk again but with some difficulty. They decided to take a rest in another apartment, when they got inside the room. Ray laid in bed and takes some rest, while Ray is sleeping, the girls decided to talk.

Lei : “Uh, so Bronya ?”

Bronya tilted her head toward Lei.

Lei : “What was that thing behind you when you killed the honkai beast ?”

Bronya : “This ? This is called Project Bunny 19C”

Bronya then activated it, and a half robot body appears. Lei looks at it with curiosity, and she tried to touch it.

Meanwhile, Mei looks at Ray with concerned face. She then sits beside him, and tries to- but stopped when Kiana calls her and ask her to talk.

Kiana : “Mei, is it okay to tell them about honkai and other things ?”

Mei : “I... I don’t know, is it okay though for them to know ?”

Kiana : *Sigh* “l’ll tell Ray first and then Lei.”

Mei : “I see, so we’ll just wait until Ray wakes up then.”

Night has arrived and Ray wakes up to see that Lei, and Bronya is sleeping on the other bed. Mei sees that Ray has wake up, and walk towards him while Kiana is behind Mei. Kiana then walk towards him, and said.

Kiana : “There is something we have to tell you.”

Ray : I see, so it’s finally time for explanation “Is that so, but before that, can you help me sit and give me some water ?”

Mei then go to the kitchen and takes some water while Kiana and Ray is staring at each other in silence. Mei returned with some glass of water, and the explanation begins.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author : *Sigh* That was quite a hard chapter...

Narrator : Really ? Why though ?

Author : The fighting scene, and bronya introduction. It’s confusing how to add it nicely, because i need to make sure that her appearance is good and no problem with the story timeline.

Narrator : Uh, what ?

Author : Nah, just forget it. I don’t even understand what I just said. Anyway, this will be the Nagazora arc and introduction for the characters and after this will be the last chapter for the Nagazora arc.

Narrator : What do you mean ?

Author : Well, as I was saying. I will make 3 chapters ( + 1 prolog ) to see how this fanfic will go, but nonetheless I will still update it but not so often because I still need to do things in real life

Narrator : So in other words, you make this 3 chapters as the entrance to this fanfic ?

Author : Yep

Narrator : And you’ll update it every few days if not weeks if you’re bored ?

Author : Ye-wait what

Narrator : So, yeah... See you in the next chapter

Author : Hold up, where are you going ? We still have some things we need to discuss about your previous question hmm ?

Narrator : Wait wait, don’t erase me again ! Help me !