Chapter 77

✦✧✧

[???, 3rd PoV]

The sky was dark... Or rather, was there any sky at all?

As far as the eyes could see, what appeared above was only a "sky" painted with a mixture of purple, black, and other minor darkish colors.

While what placed under it was a massive floating city with no sign or explanation as to how it was there and why it existed within this mysterious space

Moreover, the deep darkness far below the floating land emitted a dark, mysterious, yet dangerous aura. It felt like the abyss... was one that appeared to be endless.

Nothing would want to be thrown down there, nor was there anything that wanted to exist here in the first place.

Yet, right now, there were two figures standing on top of a certain building.

On one side, a young man with black hair paired with golden eyes, that seemed as if they were radiating a strong royal hue toward anywhere their focus was laid onto, was standing silently.

While on the other side, just a few meters away---

*CRACK!*

The chains holding him had been easily shattered to light fragments. Then, he took a look around his new environment with the same coldness coming from his pair of blue eyes.

His white hair stayed still, indicating that there was no wind around them. But oddly, there was this weird feeling of slowly being overwhelmed by some kind of energy---one that he was familiar with.

After taking some time recognizing and observing his new environment, he moved his gaze to the young man before him---Ray Kinara.

His gaze was facing down as the golden eyes appeared to be having their attention placed on the ground, his expression also gave off the feeling that he wasn't focused on the situation before him.

But then, something happened.

The energy he emitted all this time suddenly dialed down, that to a much more controlled state---or so Kevin thought for now.

Then, Ray's pupils shook a bit before he closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

Ray: "Fuuh..."

He calmed himself down---

And instantly appeared right in front of Kevin, with his fist ready to strike a punch.

Of course, right as his new position was revealed, Kevin's worldview slowed down yet again. Although this time, it wasn't as extreme when Humanity fought against him, it was much less than that.

So, without any difficulty, he stepped to the side. The instant he did so, his worldview returned to normal.

Ray: "---!"

For a split second, he seemed surprised. But soon enough, his expression changed once more to that of the former one.

And without stopping the pace, his footwork changed to adapt to what he was about to do.

Once again, the worldview around Kevin slowed down to a certain degree and Ray's movement slowed down---or so he thought would happen.

Kevin: "...!"

It was the opposite, Ray's movement didn't slow down, even a little. And before he could think about the possible causes for this new factor, Ray's fist was about to come into contact with his gut. So, he acted appropriately and---