Epilog

--- Start of Epilog ---

[???]

The stepping sounds echoed within the dark corridor, with little to no light was given within this place. As such, one had to squint their eyes to be able to see what their surroundings---that being nothing but walls with some old decorations placed on them.

Silently, the silhouette of two figures could be seen walking past one of the lanterns, that barely had any life left. But as it turned out, there was another silhouette on the second person, presumably being carried.

The eerie silence between the two walking figures was anything but comforting, as they bear no positive feelings toward each other. Yet, they were walking together in a place like this. It truly brought the question---Why?

Kevin: "We're here."

He said calmly, as the sight of a big and old pair of doors came into their view, just a small distance away. In response, the woman behind him only nodded and made a quick glance at the young man she was carrying.

A few seconds passed by and they had arrived before the door.

With a single knock on the door, it made a rough noise before slowly opening itself, revealing a particular yet massive room.

Right behind the door was a pair of stairs, leading down into a platform before another staircase appeared and connected it to the lowest floor, where the main focus was.

At the far end of her field of view, she could see a weird hovering object shaped into a ball with some kind of ring-like things, two of them, rotating and revolving around said-object.

Then, on both sides of the room were some small separate areas, each with its own unique items within.

Kevin: "Come."

His words returned her to reality, and she moved her legs yet again, following him through this strange place. And just as she stepped inside, she could feel the energy around her going through drastic changes in less than a second.

Toward that, she stopped her steps and looked around again, with a cautious look on her face this time.

In front of her, a few steps away, Kevin noticed her sudden stop. But he didn't call her out again as he knew that she would soon follow after she deemed this place as not dangerous---for now.

He was right.

After a few seconds, she seemed to lower her guard and continued walking.

Soon enough, the two finally arrived on the lowest floor, and just then...

???: "Oh~! A visitor! Three of them, too!"

A cheery voice reached her ears, before the figure of a girl with long pink hair and... strange pointy(?) ears came into view, walking toward them with a smile plastered on her face.

Kevin: "Elysia."

He called her out.

Elysia: "Ooh! So it's Kevin! The real one, too! Now that's something~"

And she responded with a clap of her hands. Then, she moved her gaze to the next guest.

Elysia: "Ooh~? And who is this beauty---"

But suddenly, her words came to an abrupt stop as her expression froze.

Elysia: "...eh? Is she...?"

She trailed her words off as she glanced at Kevin, who in turn shook his head to the sides, denying whatever thoughts she had in her mind. Toward that, a sad look appeared on her face before it instantly changed into the former cheerful one.