Chapter 58

--- Behind The Scenes ---

Author: Guess how many times I have to rewrite this chapter. Those who can guess it correctly, will get a special prize

Narrator: How about a hint, then?

Author: It's between 1 to 9. Oh, and you only have one chance to answer it. And after the correct answer has been said, the quiz will no longer be valid

Narrator: Huh... but why suddenly do a quiz---

Author: I'm stressed out because my test isn't over yet as it still on-going for two more weeks

Narrator: ...oh

Author: Seriously, what the heck? How can a student not be stressed out when they were supposed to do the final exams and then, not even a week later, the final final exam appeared. How?!

Narrator: ...you have my condolences

--- Start of Chapter ---

[???]

Darkness.

There was nothing around him.

His figure was floating amidst the endless dark space.

Naron: "..."

(Still the same as before.)

He thought to himself as he gazed at the empty and blank space before him.

As he continued looking around, another thought crossed his mind.

(In the end, I still haven't figured out the reason why Ray's soul is like this.)

A sigh escaped his mouth.

Ray's soul---specifically, its deepest part.

That was his current location. A place that he had been trying to enter ever since he and Ray made a contract---The "Herrscher and Human Host" contract---three years ago.

Unfortunately, everytime he entered it, the only thing he'd seen was...

Nothing.

It was impossible for a human to have a soul like this, yet, the opposite thing was right before his eyes.

Was Ray's soul an exception?

He always had that question in mind when he thought about this special situation.

Fortunately, that question had been answered when he took over Ray's body for a while.

"No".

Ray's soul wasn't an exception or something special. His soul was the same as other humans. There was no difference, none at all.

Yet, why was his soul like this?

The other possible answer that came to mind was that---

It was the action of a certain being.

He still didn't know who, nor did he have a clue of the culprit's true identity.

But to be able to keep him---The Herrscher Of Beginning---from entering a human's soul---specifically its deepest part, wasn't something that any being could do.

If so, what about higher beings? Could they, who had the same status as him, do it?

If they had lower "status" than him, then there was little to zero chance that they could do it. But, if they had higher "status" than him...

The answer would be uncertain.

But, in the first place, was there someone that had higher "status" than him in this universe?