Chapter 46

[???, Ray's POV]

Ray : "Ugh... My head..."

I unconsciously held my head as I could feel that some of the pain was starting to disappear. While doing so, I tried to open my eyes.

Ray : "Ah..."

It was quite bright. After a few moments of adapting, my eyes were able to see clearly again.

Ray : "Huh, where am I?"

I looked around and noticed that I was in some kind of field. And that I was currently sitting down in front of a round white table, which was giving a familiar aura.

(Wait... It's similar to Rosemary-san's table when I first met her. Huh... It feels like I'm forgetting something... After I met the past me who died in front of me and there's also the fact that his body mysteriously disintegrated... I also feel like I'm talking to someone at that time... But who was it... Ugh, my memories... A lot of it is missing...)

Ray : "Kuh..."

The more I tried to think about it, the more the pain increased.

??? : "Ara~? You're already awake, Ray?"

Ray : "Huh...?"

I moved my gaze to the source of the voice. A woman was walking towards me, and she also looked a lot like someone I know.

Ray : "Rosemary-san, huh... Or should I use your real name, Rita Rossweisse?"

Rosemary(Rita?) : "I see that you finally remembered some of your memories. And just call me Rosemary like usual, though my real name is indeed Rita Rossweisse, but we would discuss that in another time."

She said while pulling the seat and sat on it.

Rosemary : "Now, I'm sure you have some questions?"

One of her eyes closed itself and her usual smile appeared.

Ray : "Of course, though I do feel like there's something missing inside me, which is quite a weird feeling."

Rosemary : "Ah, you mean Naron?"

The moment she said that name, a lot of things that were related to that name appeared in my mind instantly. I quickly held my head as a reflex. Fortunately though, it ended not long after.

Ray : "Hah... That was not a good feeling to experience..."

Rosemary : "Really? Well, unfortunately you will be going through that more often every time you hear something that could trigger your memory."

Ray : "Seriously...?"

She nodded and I let out a sigh.

Ray : "But... I feel like there are still some things I can't remember, though."

Rosemary : "Is that so... What was the last thing you remember, then?"

Ray : "Let's see... After I got out of my past body, I noticed a quantum energy coming from one of the caves nearby. So, I went there and got inside it. After a while, I found a 'gate' or was it a 'portal'? Huh, something like that. I went inside it, and arrived in another dark place. I kept on walking until I finally arrived at a fake exit, which is just a glass with light coming from behind it. I destroyed it and got out, but..."

Rosemary : "Hm?"

Ray : "Suddenly, when I looked around and noticed that there was only blood everywhere... I was unusually calm, that is until I heard a step coming from the darkness and my head suddenly aches again. A pair of legs was the only thing I saw before my consciousness was gone completely."