Chapter 28

Another Universe, Ray's POV.

It has been a few minutes after we started walking, during those time Veliona told me a few things about Quantum Shadows.

Ray : “So, there are multiple shadows right ?”

Veliona : “Yes, the quantum form of an ordinary honkai beast.”

Ray : “But, their strength it multiplied and they have shields as well right ?”

Veliona : “Yes, but when their shield breaks they will be more vulnerable and take much more damage.”

I nodded understanding, but suddenly both of us stopped in our tracks. I sensed something, it seems Veliona sense it as well because she looked at me and both of us nodded.

We started running to the source of the energy gathering, when we were close both of us jumped at the same time.

The first thing I saw was there are many quantum shaodws, and it’s in varied form. I also noticed that there are multiple people got surrounded by the shadows, they wield different weapons especially the one with white hair man holding a greatsword.

 I also noticed that there are multiple people got surrounded by the shadows, they wield different weapons especially the one with white hair man holding a greatsword

He sliced one of the shadows and killed it, he seems to realized something as he shouted to his companions.

??? : “These monsters are stronger than a normal honkai beast ! Be careful !”

I landed on the ground and rolled, a shadow noticed me and tried to attack me. I just dodged and punched it, it blocked with it’s hands.

I clicked my tounge and ducked before another shadow tried to attack me from behind,  I tried to spin around and kick it but it disappeared.

I turned but it was too late as it’s hand was in front of me, but suddenly it got knocked away by a sctyhe.

Veliona : “Ray ! You don’t have a weapon so when there’s two of them just get away !”

I nodded and backed away a few steps, I looked around and noticed that the white hair man is looking at me. He realized that he isn’t the only one fighting, he seems to be thinking about something and he ran to me.

I quickly moved my head as a lance appeared beside my head in high speed, I tried to think what to do fast and got an idea from looking at the man who uses fire on his greatsword.

I tried to form a fire on my hand and it...

It worked ! Now let’s try this !

I puched the shadow and it got blasted off, bt it didn’t die as it tried to stand back up just to get sliced from behind by the man’s greatsword.

Veliona who has been slaying quantum shadows noticed me and the man, she teleported in front of me as if protecting me.

Veliona : “Ray, you’ll explain how you just did that after this.”

She lifted her scythe in front of her, as if trying to intimidate the man. But he’s just looking at us calmly without saying anything, that is until he opened his mouth.

??? : “Which side are you on ?”

Ray : “Huh ?”

??? : “Are you on our side, the humans, or the honkai’s ?”

Ray : “We’re on the human’s side.”

I looked at him straight in his eyes and he looked at me as well, he then nodded.

??? : “I see, well then, let’s fight together.”

I nodded and the fight againts the quantum shadows goes on for a while, and after the fight ended the man’s companion came to us with him being the leader.

??? : “My name is Kevin, and we’re trying to eliminate the honkai.”

The leader, Kevin, walked up to me and lifted his hand as if asking me a handshake. I grabbed his hand, and I introduced myself.

Ray : “My name is Ray, and her name is Veliona.”

Veliona was looking at Kevin and nodded, but she still doesn’t say anything. We released the handshake, a member of his team suddenly came to him.

Member : “Leader, Dr. MEI called us back to HQ.”

Kevin : “Understood, tell her we’ll get back now. Oh, and Ray ?”

Ray : “Yeah ?”

Kevin : “Do you want to head back with us ?”

I think for a bit and looked at Veliona, she just shrugged. I nodded, and Kevin said something to his member.

Kevin : “Tell Dr. MEI we will have two guests with us as well.”

The member nodded and got back to the group, Kevin walked and we followed as well.

Veliona : Are you sure ?

Ray : Huh ? How are you ?

Veliona : I established an energy connection between us, that way we will be able to communicate with each other telepathically.

Ray : Oh, can I do that too ?

Veliona : Maybe, but back to the topic. Are you sure this is a good thing ? Following him ?

Ray : I... Think so.

Veliona : You think so ? So you’re not sure ?

Ray : I don’t know, it’s just that when he asked me, my intuition was to accept it.

Veliona : I see, well if something happen we will just get out and escape.

Ray : Thanks.

Veliona : Huh ?

Ray : For following me, even though I’m not sure if what I’m doing will have a good impact.

Veliona : ... Sure

I looked at Veliona and noticed that she was looking away, I let out a small smile.

Meanwhile, 3rd POV.

Ray didn’t notice it but Veliona was actually embarrassed, but because this was her first time feeling it, she hasn’t realized it yet.

Veliona : Why am I like this ? What is this ? Was it because he said thank you ?

Veliona didn’t noticed it but her mouth was slowly turning into a smile, and her expression become soft.

Original Universe, Hyperion.

Lei : “I feel a disturbance in the force.”

Lei said suddenly as she woke up, surprising Theresa who was beside her.

There : “Huh ? What do you mean ?”

Lei : “No, nothing. Anyway, what are you doing ?”

Theresa was using the computer, and Lei got behind her.

Theresa : “I’m still searching for Kiana or Ray’s trace, they’ve been missing for a month now.”

Theresa looked down and Lei patted her shoulder, Lei feels sad that her ‘brother’ has been missing but she knows that he’s okay. After all, it’s Ray.

Lei : “How about Himeko ? Can she fight now ?”

Theresa : “Yeah, her body is better than before. She can fight better, but she still need to adjust it.”

Lei : “I see...”

Lei said as she walked to the door, opening it. She then look around and noticed that a purple hair was peeking from one of the hallway not far from her.

Lei : “Mei.”

The hair startled and slowly showing Mei who is scratching her cheek and looking away, Lei sighed.

Lei : “You’re worried, I know. We are too, but we’re tryinng our best to find them.”

Mei : “Yeah... I know.”

Mei said as she smile, but Lei knows that it was a fake smile, not the same as she usually show when Ray and Kiana was around.

Mei walked away and disappeared from the hallway, Lei is looking out the window. She hopes that Ray and Kiana is fine now, and they will be able to find each other sooner.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Narrator : Well, it seems like Ray and Veliona met with Kevin. But unfortunately, Ray lost his memories because if he don’t, well he will know who Kevin is

Narrator : Oh ? You’re wondering where Author is ? There *Points at a door with a sign “Author” on it*.

??? : So ! I will be replacing the Author for a while !

Narrator : ?! Who ?!

??? : It is I ! Author 2 !

Narrator : Seriously ? That’s a lame name

Author 2 : Hey ! That’s not nice !

Narrator : Anyway, I think I’ll be stuck with you for a while. Nice to meet you

Author 2 : Nice to meet you Narrator ! I hope we will get along !

Narrator : *Sigh* Do you have to shout ?

Author 2 : Maybe ! I don’t know !

Narrator : Anyway... And so !

Narrator & Author 2 : Thank you for reading ! And we’ll see you in the next chapter ! Bye bye !