Chapter 52

- Behind The Scenes -

Author: Oh no! A shorter chapter! Oh well, what can I do because I'm busy!

Narrator: You... are you saying that on purpose?

Author: Whaaat? Of course not!

Narrator: ...That's the fakest thing I've heard today

Author: Wha?!

Narrator: Anyway, sorry if the chapter's shorter. Believe it or not, it seems like the Author is busy with school so he can't write a longer chapter

Author: Why do I feel like you didn't trust me?

Narrator: Then your guess is right.

Author: Bufu! (Stabbed by words)

Narrator: Moving on. Let's dive into the chapter, shall we?

- Start Of Chapter -

[???, ???'s POV]

???: "***!"

She shouted to her friend whom she was trying to save.

The girl in question only glanced at her for a moment with a smile.

***: "....I know."

That was all the response she gave her friend.

???: "Then why?!"

As if it was filled with frustration, Wendy shouted with all her emotion.

***: "..."

The girl didn't answer nor showed any sign of giving any response.

That was until she finally turned around to face her friend.

***: "I....want this dream to continue at the very least."

She said before looking down at her hand.

???: "That's-?! What are you trying to-!"

Before she could even run to her, the girl only smiled as she lifted the thing in her hand and pressed it just beside her head.

***: "After all...this is MY happy dream."

She said with a smile before her finger pulled the trigger.

[A Few Hours Ago, ???, Wendy's POV]

Wendy: "...So this is Lei's dream?"

I looked around me and quickly realized that I was on top of what looked like a rooftop. A school rooftop to be exact.

Wendy: "Huh, am I in Nagazora?"

It was not a random thought, rather, after looking around the environment, I concluded that I was in Nagazora, though it looked quite different than what it looked like in real life.

Wendy: "Is this...perhaps the school Lei and Ray attended before the eruption?"

A possibility. But as there was no proof right now, I couldn't say for certain.

I noticed that one of the two doors to head inside the school was just a couple of meters away, so I walked toward the closest one to me.

That was until the door suddenly opened rather forcefully from the inside.