Mei's Special Chapter - Feverish Yet Dangerous

--- Behind The Scenes ---

Author: Yeay, the chapter's finished :D

Narrator: Good job :D

Author: Now gotta continue to make chapter 60....

Narrator: Good luck! I'm rooting for you!

Author: ...yey

--- Start Of Chapter ---

[Squad V's Dorm, Ray's POV]

Currently, I was walking down the stairs and was about to take a right toward the bathroom but stopped on my tracks when I saw Mei leaning on the wall.

Ray: "Mei? Are you okay?"

With a worried look, I grabbed her shoulder and shook it. Her eyes slowly opened themselves. Upon closer look, it was clear to me that her eyes weren't focused.

Ray: "What could possibly happen to you?"

Naron: Check her temperature.

Ray: "Ah, right, let's do that."

I agreed to Naron's suggestion and put my hand on her forehead---

Ray: "Ow?! Hot! Mei! You're sick!"

It was so damn hot. Like, seriously hot. I shook her shoulders carefully before noticing that she was whispering something.

Ray: "Huh? What'd you say?"

Mei: "I'm... fine..."

Ray: "Like heck you're fine! You're literally at the opposite of fine!"

She tried to push my hands away from her shoulders, but failed to do so since she was quite weak due to her sickness.

Ray: "Tsk. Why did this happen when the others aren't here..."

It was really unfortunate. Lei along with Kiana and Bronya had gone to the city to check out the newest movie. Himeko and Theresa had some work to do in school. Fu Hua was training somewhere and wouldn't come back until evening.

I looked at the clock on the wall and noticed that it was still 10:30 AM. The movie Lei and the other two should've started by now.

(But maybe... Just maybe...)

Without wasting a moment, I grabbed my phone from my pocket and sent a message to Lei.

Ray(Chat): Mei's sick. Her forehead is so damn hot right now. What should I do?

(And... Sent. Now, just gotta wait for---)

As if she instantly knew that I sent her a message despite still watching a movie, her reply came.

Lei(Chat): How high? If it's more than 39°C, then bring her to the hospital. If not, take care of her inside her room until we're back. Temperature's in the box on top of the shelf just above the tv.

Ray(Chat): I see. I'll do just that. Btw, when will you three come home?

Lei(Chat): Dunno. Probably between 2-4 PM. But if Mei's condition worsened then we'll head back right away.

Ray(Chat): Got it.

I put my phone back into my pocket before taking a look at Mei's face. It was very pale. Because of that, the worriness inside my heart started to increase.