Chapter 22

St. Freya’s Arena, 3rd POV

Ray is standing on one side, while Lei is on the opposite side. Both of them are looking at each other in the eyes, Lei’s eyes become cold. Just like how they are when she and the others got captured by Anti-Entropy.

Ray : “I see... So is it your turn ?”

Lei : “Yes, last year, Lei was the one who fight you. But she lost because she’s not skillfull enough to unleash her full potential. So, I will be then one to fight you this year.”

Lei (?) eyes become more serious, Ray become serious as well. Ray know this side of Lei, ‘The Serious Lei’ he called it.

This Lei won’t hesitate to do anything, and she’s more skillful than Lei in terms of utilizing something’s potential. Like a sword for example, if the normal Lei can only do some cuts to the opponent. Then, the serious Lei can do some deep slash and possibly kill it.

Ray : “Is that so... Oh, and were you the one who helped them escaped the facility ?”

Le (S) : “Yes, yes I did. And I killed some guards too, if you don’t mind.”

Ray sighed, he knows that this Lei is significantly different than the normal Lei. The normal Lei usually just make the unconscious and hide their bodies, but this Lei will just kill them if they are a threat to her.

Ray : “Didn’t I already told you, that-“

Lei (S) : “It’s better to make them unconscious rather than killing them ? Yeah, you already told me many times. But, that will only make them sleep. If they wake up and saw you ? You died.”

Ray sighed again, he always has a hard time talking to her.

Lei (S) : “You know what ? Let’s just fight, this is a tournament after all.”

Lei (S) prepares her sword, Ray sighed and nodded. He grab both of his sword, and got into his fighting stance. Both of them look at each other, and they suddenly disappeared.

Meanwhile, The Spectator’s seat.

Wendy noticed Lei’s different attitude, and her eyes are the same one from the facility. She puts a complicated face, Mei who’s beside her noticed this.

Mei : “Is something wrong, Wendy ?”

Wendy : “Lei... She’s different.”

Mei nodded and confirmed it.

Mei : “Yes, she is indeed different right now.”

Wendy was surprised to hear it, she look at Mei with a curious face.

Mei : “Well, we all actually know that this ‘Lei’ only appears on some occasions. Let me guess, she appeared when we got captured didn’t she ?”

Wendy nodded and ask her how they know about it.

Mei : “There was one time, when we girls goes to the city. Ray isn’t with us because he goes to the Schiksal’s HQ to learn about something, we don’t know what though. Anyway, when we were just about to buy some lunch. Some dudes came to us and ask us if we want to have some ‘Good time’.”

Mei put a disgusting face remembering that, Wendy saw this and ask her to continue.

Mei : “When we tried to ask them to leave us alone, they doesn’t move. That is when, Lei suddenly grab one the guy’s hand. The guy’s face was beaming of happiness, but it quickly turned into a horrified face as a cracking sound was heard. We all look that the guy’s hand was heading to the wrong way, we realized that Lei just break his hand.”