Chapter 3

After the explanation, Ray’s POV

Ray : “So let me get this straight. The cause for all of this is the thing called honkai right ? They appeared without notice and starts attacking humans ? And the thing we just killed, Honkai Beast, can’t be killed with a normal weapon ?”

Mei : “Yes, that’s all right”

Ray : “And Bronya’s weapon can kill it ? What is it called again ? Bunny...?”

Kiana : “Project Bunny 19C”

Ray : “Yes, Project Bunny 19C. Where did that even come from ?”

Mei : “It’s... Complicated.”

Ray : “I see, no need to answer that question then.”

*Sigh* I just wake up and now there’s many information I need to process, but... It’s not that complicated, so honkai infect people become zombies, but what about us ? Why didn’t we got infected as well ? Do we have something the others don’t ? If so, then what is it ? Huh... So many questions but no clear answers.

Mei : “Are you okay ? Did we tell you too much ?”

Ray : “No, it’s fine. I just need to think for a moment, why don’t both of you take a rest ?”

Kiana : “We’re fine, you’re the one who need it the most right now. With your injury, you won’t be able to fight.”

Ray : “Nope, I can still fight with one arm. Didn’t you see that I swing that axe using just one hand ? I can still fight.”

Mei : *Sigh* “If you say so, we’ll go out again when it’s dawn. Take rest until then.”

I nodded and laid back on the bed, thinking about other things. But then, I feel something. A vibration ? An earthquake ?! No, if there’s an earthquake there was supposed to be some sirens sound even when there’s no one to operate it. Something’s wrong. I then quickly tries to stand and call the others, but then. A huge honkai beast appeared out of the window. WHAT THE HECK IS THAT.

Ray : “EVERYONE WAKE UP”

I shouted and run towards Lei and Bronya and pulled them to me dodging a tip of the lance that the honkai beast it holding, Mei helped me  and Kiana helped Lei to stand. While Bronya suddenly said.

Bronya : “Project Bunny 19C !”

A floating half body robot appeared behind her and quickly attacks the honkai beast lance with it’s own lance, but the honkai beast is too strong as Bronya got thrown back far from us. I run towards my axe while Kiana and Mei picks up their guns and started shooting at it, and Lei tries to look for Bronya. Of course our weapon deal no damage to it, but we still tried to give time for Bronya to ready her attack. But before that, the honkai beast’s weapon change into a scythe and slash towards Mei. I ran to her as fast as I could and push her out of the way.

Ray : “MEI WATCH OUT !!”

Because I pushed her away, both of my arms got sliced from the scythe. I fall face first to the ground, and in an instant excruciating pain comes to me, I gritted my teeth so hard it feels like it will break. I then look at Mei who’s looking at me with widened eyes, I tried to stand with just my legs but I don’t have enough strength. Kiana ran to me and tried to do something about my arms, but she couldn’t do anything and just gritted her teeth for her uselessness, I assured her.

Mei : “R-Ray... Wh-what did you just... W-why...?”

Kiana : “Damnit Ray ! Why ! Just why !?”

Ray : “It-it’s o-okay, i-I can still st-stand. A-and besides Mei co-could’ve died you k-know ?”

I smiled towards them and tried to stand, but Kiana forced me to stay down and she sliced a part of her own clothes and tightly tie them on both my arms to stop the bleeding. But of course, I started to feel dizzy because of my blood lose. Not so long after, I lose consciousness

Kiana : “RAY, DAMNIT RAY. KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN, HEY RAY !? RAY !?”

Lei : “RAY, NO PLEASE NO, DON’T LEAVE ME TOO, RAY, NII-SAN, PLEASE NII-SAN.”

Mei : “R-RAY, WAKE UP, PLEASE, PLEASE DON’T DIE.”

3rd POV

Lei started crying at her brother’s body, Kiana is trying to think of a solution, while Mei is having a mixed emotions. She feels like there’s something inside here, that is uncontrollable and unknown. The huge honkai beast doesn’t care about their friend’s death and starting to attack when a lance coming from it’s back suddenly comes at high speed, Bronya arrived at the scene and quickly ran towards Ray just to see his body laying down on the ground while Lei is crying, Kiana is showing frustated face, and Mei is acting strange.