Chapter 6

???, Ray’s POV

I opnened my eyes, just to see black space around me. Last thing I remembered was holding Mei’s hand and then a light apeeared and blinded me, but now, where am I ? Hey, Naron, you there ? Naron ? Where did Naron go ? It seems like I’ll be alone for a while... I then start walking aimlessly, without knowing where I am.

After a while, I see lightnings ? Purple lightnings ? I have to check it, and so I walked to the thunders. As I’m getting closer, the lightnings become more and more violent. I walked carefully to not get hit by it, when I got closer, I see there’s a person at the middle of it. Wait, is that Mei ? Why are there chains bounding her ? I need to get closer to wake her up, but she’s inside a cage. And there are lightnings at the entrance... Think Ray, what can you do...

I then walked to Mei’s cage, I tried to touch one of the lightning and got surprises that it doesn’t hurt me. I got inside and tried waking up Mei, but she doesn’t respond. I got worried and tried waking her up again, but this time I talked.

Ray : “Hey, Mei, Wake up. Heeey, Wake Up !”

Mei : *Slowly opens her eyes* “Huh...?”

Ray : “Wake up Mei, we got a city to burn.”

Mei : “Huh...? Ray...?”

Ray : “Hey you. You’re finally awake, you were trying to-“

Mei : “Ray ! You’re alive !”

Mei tried to hug me but she realized she can’t move, she look at her arm and sees that they’re chained up. She then look at her legs and the it’s chained up too, she look at me and give me a confused look. Which I just respond with a shrug, I wanted to remove her chains but I don’t know how. I touched the chain, but it just glowed and nothing else.

Mei : “Ray, where are we ?”

Ray : “I don’t know, but I think were in your mind.”

Mei : “My mind...? But then how did you ?”

Ray : “We’ll talk about that later, right now we have to get you ot of this.”

I tried thinking of a solution but none came to mind, so I start walking around to see if there’s something I can use to free Mei. I move my gaze to see where is the chains coming from, but got disappointed because the chains are from the darkness around. I then got an idea, but not sure if it’ll work. I walk back to Mei, and told her.

Ray : “If this is in your mind, can you imagine yourself free from these ?”

Mei : “Imagine ? Okay, I’ll try it.”

Mei closed her eyes and slowly but surely the chains glowed, but it’s not strong enough to free her. I put my hands on the chains to help her, and it worked. Not long after, all chains bounding Mei is gone. She fell but I quickly catched her.

Mei : “Ugh... My head feels painful.”

Ray : “Just rest, I’ll get us out of this cage.”

I carried her on my back and started walking outside of the cage, I see that the lightnings are gone. After walking for a while, I see lights coming out from the darkness. So I walked there with Mei still on my back.

Mei : “...Hey Ray ?”

Ray : “Yeah ? What’s wrong Mei ?”

Mei : “Why did you... Push me that time ?”

Ray : “...Seriously ? That’s a really dumb question.”

I laughed and Mei got embarrassed.

Mei : “Wh-what’s wrong with that question ?!”