Chapter 7

Schiksal’s Hallway, Ray’s POV

Sigh... That was a close one, fortunately Naron succeeded in dealing with the herrscher. But he doesn’t want to tell me what he did, he said that the sealing method failed, so he did something else. But when I asked him, he just said “It’s okay Ray, it’s not something dangerous. I just made a deal with her, that’s all.” I’m curious on what kind of deal he made with the herrscher so I asked, but he refused to tell me, he just respond with “It’s not something you need to worry about, and it’s better left unknown to you. It’s dangerous for the current you to know.”

Ray : But, I wonder what happened to Mei ? Why didn’t she wake up when it’s done ?

Naron : She’s just tired, her body needs rest.

Ray : But… What happened when I was inside Mei’s mind ? The last thing I remember was me walking aimlessly with Mei on my back, and suddenly I was inside the infirmary again.

Naron : I pulled you out of her mind, that’s what happened. Also for Mei, she just become unconscious.

Ray : I see, good to know.

After a while, I reached my and Lei’s room. I openend the door and call Lei, I got a respond coming from inside “Come here, Ray.” I walk inside and surprised to see a few more people, there’s 3 visitors to be exact. There’s Kiana, Bronya, and... Durandal ? What’s she doing here ? I thought before Lei ask me to sit down.

Ray and Lei’s Room, Lei’s POV

Ray just arrived and I ask him to sit down, which he did. He give me a confused look, which I respond with a shrug.

Ray : “So, why did you call me ?”

Lei : “Durandal asked me to.”

Ray : “She did what ?”

Durandal : “I asked her to call you.”

Ray look at Durandal with a bit of confused face, but Kiana asked her first.

Kiana : “What do you need Ray for ?”

Ray : “Yeah, is there something you need me for, Durandal ?”

Durandal stayed silent for a while, but then she opened her mouth.

Durandal : “I want you to be my sparring partner.”

All of us except Bronya got surprised by that statement, especially Ray.

Ray : “What did you mean by that ?”

Durandal : “Exactly what I said, I want you to be my sparring partner.”

Ray : “In other words, we will fight ?”

Durandal : “Yes.”

Ray : “I will lose in just a few seconds you know.”

Durandal : “I will only fight with my hands, I won’t use any of my power or use any weapon.”

Ray : “Why do you want me to fight you ?”

Durandal : “Because... There’s something I need to make sure of, and it involves you.”

Ray sigh, he then looked at me. But I don’t know what to say, so I just look back at him.

Ray : what do you think should I do ?

Lei : I don’t know, it’s your choice anyway.

Ray : Huh... Do I seriously have to do this ?

Lei : Well, maybe...

Ray : Okay... I’ll just do what she wants, maybe there’s something more to this.

Lei : Okay then, but be careful though.

Ray : Yeah yeah, I got it.

No, that’s not telepathy. It was us just communicating with each other with our stare, well maybe that’s something like a special power ? I don’t know, we can always do this ever since we lost our parents.

Ray : “Okay, I accept it. When will we spare ?”

Durandal : “Right now.”

After that Durandal stood and walk out of the door, while Ray got surprised by her but followed her outside.

Lei : “Soo... What should we do ? Want to watch him ?”

Kiana : “Sure, maybe there will be something we can learn from their fight.”

Bronya : “Da, the bronya agrees.”

And just like that, the three of us stood up and get out of the room. Of course, I didn’t forgot locking first before we go.

Schiksal’s Training Ground, 3rd POV

Ray and Durandal is standing on opposite side, while Lei and the rest are on the seat surrounding the arena with other spectators. Fu Hua and Theresa entered the training ground and surprised to see Ray and Durandaln standing on opposite side, they then see Kiana and went to her to ask what’s going on.

Theresa : “Kiana, what’s going on right now ? Why is Ray and Durandal on the arena ?”

Kiana : “Well, Durandal asked Ray to be her sparring partner.”

Fu Hua : “Why ?”

Kiana : “She said, she wants to make sure of something and it involves him. So, Ray agreed and they’re here now.”

The two is confused at what that something is, but they don’t have any clue. So they decided to watch how will the fight goes. Meanwhile, on the arena, Ray is seen to no wield any weapon. The reason for that is, because Ray doesn’t now how to. When they were fighting the honkai beast in Nagazora, Ray just used the axe because it’s the only weapon he can find for survival. While there are some guns, he cant use it because he doesn’t know how to and have no time to train. And so, Ray will just use his body to fight Durandal who will only use her hands to fight.

Rita appeared in the middle of the arena, she said that she will be the judge of the fight. Ray and Durandal has no problem with it, so they agreed. Before the fight start, Rita explained the rules to the both of them, they understand it quickly.

Rita : “If both of you are ready, we will begin the match now.”

Ray & Durandal : *Nods*

Rita : “The fight will begin in 3... 2... 1... Begin !”

Durandal and Ray looked at each other wating for the other side to move first, they know who their opponents are. Durandal moves first, she appeared in front of Ray. Her fist is in front of his face, Ray quickly moved his head to the side. Ray didn’t go away before he send a counterattack, he punch her gut but Durandal block it and she hold his hand and thrown it over her shoulder resulting in Ray got thrown away. Ray tried to minimize the damage by rolling on the ground, when he stand he sees that Durandal is already in front of him again. She tried to punch his gut, but Ray blocked it with both of his hand forming and “X” in front of him. Ray groans because he felt so painful just from blocking her punch, Durandal then appeared behind Ray and punched his waist. Ray got thrown to the side while holding his waist groaning in pain, he gritted his teeth to hold the pain.

Rita : “Do you still wish to continue Ray ?”

Ray : *Groans* “Y-yes, I can still fight.”

Rita : “Very well, but if it gets bad I will stop this match”

Ray nods and looked at Durandal who is just looking at him expressionless, Ray stands and calm himsf down. He then focused and tries to predict what will happen next, Durandal sees this and let out a small smile that no one noticed except Rita. Durandal appeared in front of Ray with her punch flying to his gut, but Ray already predicted that and just move his body to the side. Durandal got widened her eyes to see that Ray can quickly adapt to her speed, so she moves faster from before. Ray feels something coming from his back, so he ducked his head when a fist appeared behind him going for his head. Durandal smiles at this but quickly become expressionless once again to attack Ray, Ray sees this and let ou a smile as well.

While the crowd are cheering for them, a certain someone is watching over them. The overseer is watching the match without anyone knowing except Rita who told him about it, he smiled at this knowing that Ray got potential. He then continued to watch the match while thinking of a plan.

On one of the crowds, Kiana and the others are watching the match in disbelief. They didn’t know that Ray can go againts Durandal, of course with Durandal holding back. Lei smiled because she remembered that one memory from the past, and she sees that Ray is smiling while fighting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author : Another chapter is done :D

Narrator : Nice, oh so that what you means by spoiler

Author : Yeah, the plan was making Fu Hua and Theresa meet Ray for the first time in the fight

Narrator : Then why did you change it ?

Author : I promised that Ray will meet Fu Hua and Theresa in chapter 5, I can’t give false promise can I ?

Narrator : Ooh, I see. So who would win ?

Author : Of course it’s -... (-_-)

Narrator : :)

Author : (=_=”)

Narrator : :D