Chapter 43

[School Rooftop, Ray's POV]

Kaine : "Aah~, that was delicious~"

Nee-san said as she put down her bento, and it was indeed delicious. But, I won't say it though. After all, she was the one who made it before waking me up this morning.

Kaine : "Ah! That was delicious!"

(...She's doing it on purpose isn't she?)

I noticed she was looking at me with one eye while her other eye was closed, and there was also the fact she was smiling.

Kaine : "I said! Aah-"

Ray : "Okay okay! It was delicious! Happy now?"

Kaine : "Hehehe, why didn't you just say so? Nee-san is happy to hear it, you know?"

Ray : "Really? Feels like you just want me to praise your cooking skill."

Kaine : "Huh~? I wonder what you mean by that~"

Said the person in question while she was looking away, and I just stared at her deadpanned.

Ray : *Sigh* "But, well... Thanks, Nee-san."

My mouth then formed a smile, and it was my genuine smile. But, something strange happened. As I said that, all the girls except Nee-san widened their eyes and quickly looked away. I could also see... Smokes were coming out of their heads?! Huh?!

Ray : "A-are all of you okay?!"

I felt worried for them, but I noticed that Nee-san was laughing.

Kaine : "HAHAHA!"

Ray : "Nee-san?! This isn't the time to be laughing! There are smoke coming out of their heads! And also how is that even possible?!"

Kaine : "Ahaha... Huff... That was a good laugh... Aah, my throat..."

Ray : "Nee-san!"

Kaine : "Okay okay... Well, don't worry about it, it's nothing bad. Trust me."

She said as she smiled at me, so I just let out a sigh and trust her words.

Kaine : "But, hmm... I didn't expect that to happen... Way to go, Ray!"

She said something I didn't really understand, so I just ignored her and started to neatly arrange back my bento to its former shape to bring it back home.

By the time I finished, I noticed that all the girls had recovered and were waiting for me so we could go back inside together.

Kiana : "Well, should we wait for the time left in class? I mean, there's nothing we could really do beside that."

Mei : "I know, how about studying?"

Kiana : "Wha-?! Are you insane?!"

Mei : "Huh? What's insane about that? Isn't that normal?"

Kiana : "Kuh! What a damage!"

Bronya : "Kiana idiotka didn't study much, that's why her grades are one of the lowest in the school."

Kiana : "G-gah! B-bratnya, I didn't know you wanted to kill me like this!"

Bronya : "Heh."

Both Nee-san and I could hear what they were talking about, and honestly it was quite funny so sometimes we let out a small laugh.

Ray : "Oh, and Nee-san."

Kaine : "Hm?"

Ray : "Hua-sensei called me after school, so I'll be out later than normal. Is that okay?"