Chapter 66

--- Behind the Scenes ---

Author: Hah... I really can't find Narrator anywhere... Why am I stuck with this chuuni...

Zero: Who's a chuuni?

Author: ...forget about it. A person with that second grade syndrome will never admit it. Anyway... Who actually are you?

Zero: I've been wondering. Don't you have any work to do other than staring at the narrator?

Author: S-staring?! I would never do such a shameless thing!

Zero: Forget it. A pervert will never admit it. Anyway, can we start the chapter already? I've got a boss to kill.

Author: A pervert, he says... I really want to kill this guy already... but I can't because I'm a good guy... Oh the dilemma...

Zero: A good guy wouldn't even be thinking about killing someone. But who am I to judge?

Author: Wow, I hate you. I really do. Even though I don't know your real identity, I already hated you from the bottom of my heart.

Zero: Skill issue.

Author: Oh for fu---...Hah... Calm down... You're calm... No need to be angry at this chuuni...

Zero: Relax. You're gonna blow a blood vessel at this rate. Why not be a natural pervert and think about your narrator being stuck in my basement.

Author: Oh how I hate you so much you piece of shi---

--- Start of Chapter ---

[???, 3rd POV]

A man stood silently with his arms folded in front of him. He gazed over the dim sky accompanied by the sound of a calm wind. It was one of the peaceful moments he had felt since his awakening years ago.

???: "Sire."

One call and he already knew whose voice it belonged to.

???: "You may want to hear this one's report about an interesting subject."

Kevin: "...speak."

???: "As you will."

The sound of rummaging through one's items reached his ears but he paid no mind and waited. And soon, his wait ended.

???: "The subject has an aura that of a herrscher. One that we have no data of. And based on her combat performance, she seemed to be quite a decent fighter."

Kevin: "..."

???: "Not just that, but she was able to detect one of the Gray's Serpents as well."

To his words, Kevin showed a reaction. But that was to be expected. After all, not everyone could sense the Gray Serpents considering how skillful they were at hiding and erasing their presence.

Kevin: "Who is this subject?"

His first question made the man behind him bow his head deeper.

???: "Leila Kinara."

In an instant that name left his mouth, the air around them changed instantly.

Kevin: "...Kinara?"

???: "Yes, Sire."

Kevin: "..."

His grip on his arms tightened as that name replayed a few more times in his head. And just as expected...

That name was a familiar one.

[Nagazora, Helios]