Chapter 55

— Behind The Scenes —

Author: ...I've finally realized it

Narrator: Huh?

Author: Lei's arc... it wasn't supposed to start now

Narrator: Eh? Isn't that quite bad, then? We've been into this arc for a while

Author: I know. That's a mistake on my part. It seems like the past me who started writing Lei's arc kind of rushed it... Or maybe not? Uh, I'm not quite sure now that I think more about it. Considering the requirements to enter the last arc for season 2 of this book

Narrator: Wait, season 2? Since when do we have seasons?

Author: Ray's fight with HoV was the last arc for season 1. Ray's fight with his "old friend" will be the last arc for season 2

Narrator: Ah... I see. But back to the topic, what will you do about Lei's arc now that you've started it?

Author: Well... No other way than realizing back to what was the true purpose of my past self the moment he started writing Lei's arc. And also, ending it properly. After all... A rushed ending would only disappoint those who were waiting for its end.

Narrator: I see... Well, shall we see how it ends?

Author: Oh, but it'll end in 2 or 3 more chapters

Narrator: ...So, that means there's still 2 months?

Author: Eh? No—

Narrator: ...

Author: ...Probably.

— Start Of Chapter —

[Rosemary's Personal Bubble, Ray's POV]

Ray: "You want me to increase my control over the herrscher powers?"

Naron nodded in front of me. While Rosemary-san was smiling from her seat just a few meters away.

Naron: "Right now, you can only use only a small portion of their true power. That's a waste when you know that you have the ability to be able to wield multiple herrscher powers."

Rosemary: "Right~ Especially when you even have the ability to improve their power even more."

But just now, I heard something surprising from her. I looked at her and asked her.

Ray: "Eh? I can do that?"

Rather than answering my question, she only smiled with her eyes closed and her head tilted a bit to the side.

Ray: "Ugh, let me guess, you won't answer my question?"

Rosemary: "If I do, then that'll be like putting my life on the line."

With a confused expression, I tilted my head at her before looking at Naron.

Naron: "..."

But Naron only kept his silence and stared at me silently.

Seeing that I was even more confused, Rosemary-san chuckled and said something.

Rosemary: "It's useless, he won't answer it, as well. Even when he's the one teaching you to do things, there are some things you have yet need to know."

Ray: "...Is that true, Naron?"

Naron: "...Hm."

Ray: "Well, if you say so."

Rosemary: "I was the one who said it though?"

Ray: "Then how do I train to control it better?"

Rosemary: "..."