Chapter 70

--- Start of Chapter ---

[???, ???'s POV]

It's warm.

A warmth that I was familiar with, yet I couldn't grasp what it was exactly.

Although the darkness around me seemed mysterious and scary, the warmth that surrounded me was more than enough to push my fear away.

But even so, it was lonely around here. Being alone without anyone or anything around me.

With nothing to see or anything to comment on, I couldn't do anything aside from enjoying this comforting warmth. Not that I didn't like it or anything, of course.

But, as obvious as it was, it all seemed strange to me. As such, questions crossed my mind.

Just where was I?

Just why was I here?

Just...

...

...

Who was I?

[Helios, 3rd POV]

Kiana: "Uh..."

Leila: "..."

Two girls stood across one another with Lei's med bed as the thing that separated them.

Kiana, seemingly still unfamiliar with the new person in front of her, scratched her head a bit with an awkward look on her face.

Leila, on the other hand, had her eyes closed as her arms were crossed in front of her, as a gesture that she wasn't doing anything and was only resting her eyes.

Kiana: "Um, Leila, was it?"

Upon hearing her name being called, she opened her eyes, which revealed her bloody red eyes.

Leila: "What is it?"

Her monotone voice reminded her of a certain brat, but she quickly shook her head as the girl in front of her was far different than that bratnya.

Kiana: "I'm just wondering..."

Leila: "Yes. I'm Lei's older twin sister."

She suddenly said before Kiana could continue.

Kiana: "I haven't even said my question yet though."

Leila: "But that's one of the things you're wondering about, isn't it?"

Kiana: "Well... yeah."

Leila: "Then I've already answered that question. Next one."

Kiana made a troubled expression as she remembered once more on how bad she was at dealing with this kind of person. The cold and nonchalant type.

(Wait... Cold and nonchalant... Don't tell me...?)

Leila: "Yes. I'm Leila's former second personality. I'm the one who caught you splashing water on Shorteri's manga."

Kiana's eyes widened the moment she heard those words. At the same time, a certain memory crossed her mind and she stood from her seat as a result.

Kiana: "So it is you! Wait! How did you still remember that despite it being over 3 years ago?!"

She pointed her index finger at her.

Leila: "What can I say other than I have a good memory?"

Kiana: "Ugh... I feel like that's an intentional insult to my bad skills on memorizing theory books."