Chapter 12

Squad V’s Dorm, 3rd POV

Ray is sitting in the living room while reading a book, he’s alone when the door opened revealing Mei.

Mei : “I’m home.”

Ray : “Welcome back.”

Ray then continue to read, while Mei walked to the kitchen. She opened the fridge to see that they’re food ingredients is almost out, she then thinks that this is the right time to go shopping.

Mei : “Hey, Ray.”

Ray : “Yeah, what’s wrong Mei ?”

Mei : “Are you free right now ?”

Ray : “Yeah, I am.”

Mei : “Do you want to accompany me shopping for ingredients ?”

Ray : “Sure, let’s go then.”

Ray stood from the sofa and head upstairs to change his clothes, Mei then realized one crucial thing.

Eh ? Did I just invite him on a date ?! No, no this is just him accompanying me, it’s not like we will go to different places... Though that will be quite nice- No ! Focus on the task, oh and I need to change my clothes. Mei thoughy before she head to her room and also change.

(Timeskip)

City, Ray’s POV

We’re now at the city, walking to the market. I'm currently wearing a balck jeans and blue collared shirt with white plain shirt underneath it, while Mei is wearing ... (Author : This picture below, I'm not good at describing clothes ;-;)

I complimenter her before we go, she said "Thank you" and we started walking

The market is in the middle of the city, so we have to walk quite a distance. I realized that I haven’t eat anything for lunch, so I asked Mei if she wants to eat lunch.

Ray : “Hey Mei, are you hungry right now ?”

Mei : “To be honset, I’m quite hungry.”

Ray : “Then, shall we get some lunch ?”

Mei : “Okay, but where ?”

I looked around us and see that there’s a family restaurant not far from our position, so I asked her if she’s okay eating there.

Ray : “How about that family restaurant ?”

Mei : “That one ? Okay, let’s go then.”

We started walking to the family restaurant, after we arrived, we sit down on the table close to the window. I looked at the menu and see many choices, i asked Mei what she chose.

Ray : “I don’t know what to choose... What about you, Mei ?”

Mei : “Me neither, there’s too many to choose from.”

Ray : *Sigh* “I think I’ll just order a fried chicken and some french fries, how about you ?”

Mei : “I’ll take the same then.”

We then ordered what we want, and not long after that our order arrived. But, with something different also on our table. It’s a parfait.

Ray : “Excuse me, but we didn’t order this parfait.”

Waitress : “Oh, that is free. Today we have a special promotion for couples, they will get a free parfait.”

Mei : “Eh ? Couple ?”

Waitress : “I’m sorry, am I wrong about you two being a couple ?”

Ray : “No, we’re a couple indeed.”

Waitress : “I see, then enjoy your date ~”

Mei blushed at my comment and blushed even more when the waitress give her response, she looked at me.

Mei : “Wh-why did you say we’re a couple ?”

Ray : “Well, at least we will get a free parfait right ? It’s not like it’s a bad thing.”

Mei : “I-I see...”

Mei looked down when I said that, I don’t know why though.

After that, we finished our lunch and head to the market to do our priority. Shopping for ingredients. When we arrived, it was quite crowded. So, I hold Mei’s hand.

Mei : “Wh-why did you-?!”

Ray : “So we won’t get lost, we don’t want to be separated right ? Because that will cause more problems for us.”

Mei : “Y-yeah, you’re right. This is so we won’t get lost, that’s it.”

Mei tried to convince herself, she then hold my hand tighter. I guided us to the food ingredients section, and I tried to release my hand. But, Mei didn’t let go.

Ray : “Uh, Mei ? We’re already here.”

Mei : “Huh ? What ?”

Ray : “We’re already at the food section, it’s not that corwded here, so you can release my hand now.”

Mei noticed that her hand was stil holding mine, she blushed and release it. After that, we picked what we need and brought it to the cashier.

Cashier : “My my, a newlywed is it ?”

The cashier said, Mei blushed to her comment, while I try to calm myself down.

Ray : “Sorry, we’re no-“

Cashier : “Luckily for you, we have a special promotion today. You two fitted the description, so we will give you a 10% discount for your purchase.”

Ray : “That is right, we just married a few days ago. So, can we give you our stuff to see how much we need to pay ?”

I said, as I hold Mei’s hand to look more convincing. Mei blushed, but I said “Hold on, with this okay ?”, she reply with an “O-okay”. After that, we finished our purchase and now walking back to the dorm.

Mei : “W-w-why did you said that ?!”

Ray : “What do you mean ?”

Mei : “You said we were a couple at the restauran, and then we’re a newlywed at the market, why did you do that ?!”

Ray : “Well, in the restauran we will get a free parfait, while in the market we will get a 10% discount. It’s not like it’s bad you know ? Is it uncomfortable for you ? I’m sorry if it is, I will do one thing for you to pay it back, anything you want.”

Mei looked at me with surprised eyes, but then she started to think.

Mei : “Anything I want ?”

Ray : “Yes, anything you want.”

Mei : “Then, hold my hand.”

Ray : “What ?”

Mei : “I said, hold my hand.”

Ray : “Uuh, that’s it ?”

Mei nod and I just sighed.

Ray : “Okay then, excuse me.”

I hold her hand, and we started walking back. When we reached the dorm, we saw Theresa is standing on the gate. She has her arms crossed, looks like she was mad. I don’t know why, but I quickly realized. I checked my phone and see that it was already past 6, I begin sweating on my back. I look at Mei and she seems like she know as well, her face is showing a panicked expression.

Theresa noticed us and gives us a smile, a terrifying smile for both of us. She look down and change her expression to a teasing one while moving her mouth as if saying “Oh ~?”, Mei realized it and quickly released her hand from mine.
After that, we got punished by Theresa and got released after helping her paperwork. The paperwork is insanely a lot, like seriously, where did the paperwork come from ?

Finally arriving at our dorm, we head to our own rooms and I just jumped on my bed. Feeling quite tired after what happened today, but it was actually quite fun. And so, I closed my eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author : Yey, another chapter ヾ(° ▽ °)ノ

Narrator : A date ?!? Holding Hands ?!? Newlywed ?!?

Author : Anyway, you may noticed that this is a hangout chapter. There will be some hangout chapters between the main arc in the main story, I will do more of these in the future !

Narrator : But, what if they say this chapter was crin-

Author : *Prepares to snap finger*

Narrator : Just kidding... I was kidding okay ?! Please put your hand down !!

Author : So, if you’re still wondering who’s the main love interest... I still don’t know

Narrator : Oh, okay. Maybe the readers can decide who ?

Author : Perhaps

Narrator : But, who are the candidates for it ?

Author : Hmm, I need to think about that. More on that at later chapters

Narrator : I see, no need to rush... And so !

Author & Narrator : We’ll see you in the next chapter ! Bye bye !