Chapter 72

...

--- Start of Chapter ---

[Leila's PoV]

The moment my eyesight returned, I immediately realized that he had moved his head to the side, easily dodging the tip of my sword. Inwardly, I clicked my tongue as I did an instant backstep.

When I did land, I threw my sword as hard as I could toward him. It was so fast to the point that no normal human could perceive it.

But of course, he was able to effortlessly dodge it by moving one step to the side... As expected, of course.

My vision disappeared as I teleported right behind him, completely with my form ready to do my next attack.

The instant my vision returned, I could see that he had once again predicted me and had already lowered his head, dodging my high kick.

I quickly lowered my foot and swung it diagonally. He dodged it by taking a step back. But I didn't stop there. Once my foot landed, I continued to try and hit him.

Front. Side. Roundhouse. Spinning. Axe. Low and High. And all the other variants I mastered.

It went on and on as he tapped my feet away in order to change the course of my kicks, or just straight up block them.

A full minute passed before I finally felt that my foot hit something. Only for it to turn out to be his grip.

It seemed like he had realized that only misdirecting my kicks and blocking them wouldn't be effective anymore, hence why he caught my right foot---the one I swung just now.

I quickly tried to pull back only to realize just how strong his grip was. So, without wasting a second, I rotated my body and kicked his elbow with my other foot.

It succeeded in weakening his grip for a second, which was more than enough. As such, I landed my foot to the ground and strongly raised my right foot, forcefully releasing it from his grip.

Once it was all done, I retreated with another teleportation.

Kevin: "...That sword..."

His mutter reached my ear but I paid it no mind as I calmed myself while tapping my foot on the ground a few times, making sure that it was fine and well.

It was not.

His grip was so powerful that it managed to create a bruise on my ankle.

Seeing that, I clicked my tongue before closing my eyes and focusing on my self-healing.

Leila: "Fuuh..."

I finished healing it in just two seconds.

Kevin: "..."

Meanwhile, that guy was just standing there with no sign of moving.

Leila: "You didn't take the chance, huh."

Kevin: "Why would I? Especially against someone as weak as you."

Leila: "..."

My breathing pace had calmed down as I stared at him expressionlessly.

(Alright then. No more testing the grounds. I've gotten what I need.)

I snapped my fingers as I teleported.

[3rd PoV]

The moment Leila disappeared, Kevin already got the gist of how and where she would appear to and made his move.