Chapter 51

[???, ???'s POV]

???: "Will you marry me?"

Such lines entered my ears from the man beside me. 

On his hand was a small box with the content of a beautiful platinum ring, and on the ring itself was a small diamond attached to it.

My heart was beating faster than anything, a warm feeling appeared inside it. 

The mood itself was more perfect than any other moment in my entire life.

This was it. 

There was nothing else that could ruin the moment. 

The time had finally come.

A smile formed itself on my mouth, it was unknown whether or not it was intentional. 

But I didn't care about that and gave my answer.

Leila: "No."

???: "...Eh?"

Leila: "After all, you're not even real."

Cracked suddenly appeared all around us. I stood up from the bench and didn't stop smiling at the man.

Leila: "When the real you comes and says the same line to me, then... At that time, I will gladly accept."

The man seemed like he noticed something and let out a chuckle. There was no trace of confusion from before.

???: "I see... Of course. Until the real me comes, huh..."

Leila: "Yeah, this is just a 'happy' dream after all."

He shook his head and stood up, before walking up to me and putting his hand on my head.

???: "You really are a smart girl."

Leila: "What do you mean? Lei's smarter than me."

???: "Heh, that's what you think."

The space around us started to disappear, including his body.

???: "I wish you good luck to try and win him."

He said with a thumbs up.

Leila: "Huh, what are you saying? I already won from the start, you know?"

???: "Oh? Really now?"

He laughed as his body had barely become visible. While I just turned my body around and walked away.

After walking for a few minutes, a door appeared in my field of view. It was a white door with no pattern, there was only a doorknob.

As I came closer to the door, I could hear voices from behind the door. At first, it was muffled, but then it became almost clear.

???: "What should we do...? We messed up big time"

???: "I don't know, but can you try and contact 'him'? He may know how to solve this."

???: "Good idea, let me try."

It sounded like 2 people were talking to each other. Although the context was still a mystery to me since I only hear some parts of their conversation.

I grabbed the doorknob and slowly twisted it to one side, and a clicking sound came from it. I slowly opened the door and saw what actually happened.

(What....?)

It was inside a laboratory.

But that wasn't the one that surprised me.

It was the big experimental tube in the middle of the room. The tube itself was over 5 meters and it was filled with some kind of liquid.