Chapter 64

--- Behind the Scenes ---

???: What a brilliant weather to do a mass genocide, don't you think?

Author: Yeah, righ---Wait wha?

???: What's wrong?

Author: W-wha?! Who are you?! Where's Narrator?! What did you do to her?!

???: Her? Ohh! She's around here... Somewhere...

Author: That's not even making any sense considering we're literally in a blank space... And you're just trying to find a reason to walk away, aren't you...?

???: I have no idea what you mean.. I'm as innocent as it can get.

Author: That's the sketchiest thing I've ever heard from someone that made a sudden appearance

???: How rude. I've always been here. I just didn't feel like intervening when you two were babling

Author: Babling?! We're flir---I mean! We're always discussing important things!

???: ......Uhuh. Right. Ah! I didn't introduce myself. I'm Zero. Not really nice to meet you.

Author: ...Zero?

Zero: Yep.

Author: ...What a really chuuni name

Zero: Not really Chuuni as Author but hey, whatever pleases you.

Author: Wha?! This damned---

--- Start of Chapter ---

[Helios, 3rd POV]

Tesla: "Everyone, we've arrived."

At her words, the three passengers looked out of their closest windows to see a city that had almost been completely flooded.

Lei: "Nagazora..."

Lei's mutter was heard by everyone aboard. Each and every one of them had different reactions.

Lei herself had her fist clenched into a fist as she remembered her biological family that had taken care of her ever since her parents passed away. Or in other words, her uncle and aunt.

Mei made a complicated expression as she touched the glass window in front of her and let the memories of what had happened three years ago replayed inside her mind.

Leila folded her arms as she looked at the city carefully and silently. Due to her heightened senses, she was able to see what the other three couldn't. As such, she noticed a certain figure covered in black and was holding a certain item standing on top of a building.

It was silently watching them, similar to how Leila was silently watching that figure.

Minutes passed by and Helios had finally arrived on top of a certain building.

Tesla: "Well, then. Help me bring these down."

Lei nodded enthusiastically. It seemed like she had returned to her usual self even though a dark memory had passed her mind just now.

Mei nodded silently while Leila just stared wordlessly without making any gestures.

Lei: "Mei, do you think Chiba academy is still intact?"

While walking on the rooftop of said-building, Lei asked Mei with a curious tone.

Mei: "Hm, seeing that it's built with a high and durable material, probably yes?"