Chapter 23

St. Freya’s Arena, 3rd POV

It is time for the final match, it’s Ray vs Fu Hua. Everyone was excited to see who will win this year’s trournament, they also wanted to see if Ray can defeat Fu Hua this time.

Ray entered the arena, the crowd cheers at him. He smiled and waves, he noticed that Kiana was nowhere to be seen.
He looked at Lei, who is beside Mei.

Ray : Where’s Kiana ?

Lei : We don’t know, she was gone a few hours ago.

Ray : Isn’t that bad ?

Lei : It is, but... Theresa is also gone, so we think that Kiana is with her.

Ray : I see, I hope everything will be fine.

Lei : Yeah, we hope nothing bad will happen.

Ray nodded and looked away from Lei, he noticed that Fu Hua was walking into the arena. The crowd cheered for her, she isn’t really used to this kind of thing. So, Fu Hua just walked into the middle of the arena, where Ray is standing right now.

Ray and Fu Hua is now face-to-face, they both lifted their hand to do a handshake. After it was done, both of them walk a few meters back.

Himeko : “Are both of you ready ?”

Ray & Fu Hua : *Nod*

Himeko : “Well then ! The match will start in 3 !”

The crowd excitement is increasing.

Himeko : “2!”

Ray and Fu Hua looked at each other in the eyes.

Himeko : “1! Start !”

When Himeko was done, Ray and Fu Hua disappeared. And a shockwave appeared from the middle of the arena, the crowd couldn’t see what’s happening because of the smoke.

A shockwave appeared again, and this time the smoke was swept away revealing Ray and Fu Hua. Both of them are attacking each other, Ray blocked a punch from Fu Hua and Fu Hua uses her other hand blocking a kick from Ray.

They both smiled and disappeared again, they sometime appeared and disappeared in an instant. Ray punched Fu Hua, and she also did the same to Ray.

After a few shockwaves from them attacking and blocking each other attacks, they appeared in their original position.

Ray grabbed his swords and Fu Hua activated her gauntlets, the crowds cheered once again. Lei, Mei, and Wendy was surprised to see that Ray and Fu Hua is even. Last time both of them fought, Fu Hua won in just a few minutes.

But, this time. Ray and Fu Hua has the same speed or even the same strength. Their duel continued for a few more minutes, until something happened.

Ray and Fu Hua was about to clash in the middle until they suddenly stopped, they looked at each other and nodded. The crowd was confused, they didn’t expect the match to stop suddenly.

Himeko seems to noticed that something was happening, she put the match into a tie. Ray grab Fu Hua on the shoulder and teleported them to a certain place in underground where he felt something.

Ray : “Fu Hua ! What was that ?!”

Fu Hua : “I don’t know, but it seems like it’s coming from the data room.”

Ray : “Huh ? Data room ? You mean that place where it’s restricted and can only be accessed by the Principal ?”

Fu Hua : “Yes, but this is an emergency. So, we can get in now.”