Chapter 1

It's been five years since Arthit's graduation and he's at the peak of his career that everyone envied. Arthit is not a workaholic. He interacts with everyone, parties with friends, attends office parties that will help him in networking. And not to forget his dimpled smile that never leaves his face.

He's no more a grumpy student who always wanted a dose of pink milk to begin his day. He's an adult now who's climbing the ladder of success without looking back.

But suddenly he felt like a speed breaker on the path when the company is sold to another business group. No one took it seriously as this is something very common in the field. But they started to feel the seriousness when things started to change.

The first change, Company name changed to 'Sunshine Engineering' from 'Ocean Electrics'

[A/N: I know I used the old names from my fanfics but I am too lazy to search for new names😝 And the episode of Ocean Electrics(SOTUS S) shouldn't be considered in this story. You'll know the reason why, when the story progresses]

The second change, the change in office and rearrangement of supervisors.

Though it was quite exciting to welcome a change in atmosphere and upgrade their amenities but that also showed how much the new management is serious about the company to make all necessary changes.

"P'Arthit!!" Maprang with her bouncy steps tapped on the cubicle separator to get Arthit's attention.

"What is it, Maprang" After graduation when Maprang joined his team, Arthit was a bit skeptical about being awkward and all but Maprang made him feel at ease in just a week. In these five years, she never mentioned Kongpob, still maintaining the friendship with the latter.

"You know something?"

"No... I don't" Arthit replied still typing in his laptop, not showing any interest in the gossip. Yes, she delivers almost every gossip to Arthit because she knows, with Arthit, she won't be judged. Sometimes when Arthit is free or needs some break... he'll entertain her and sometimes, ignore just like now. But that's a different thing that Maprang won't take it.

"P'Arthit!!" Maprang called the other, not only grabbing Arthit's but also everyone around's attention. Arthit apologized for the disturbance and glared at Maprang who's immune to Arthit's every glare and scolding's after these many years of friendship.

"Why are you disturbing others?" Arthit asked with gritted teeth

"Because you're not paying attention when I am talking" Maprang replied, wrapping her arms to her chest and puffing her cheeks... cutely replicating a sulky kid.

"Fine... What is it?" Arthit accepted defeat. After these many years of friendship, Arthit, now is very comfortable with her that he takes all her tantrums.

"Khun Paga was talking to Khun Daniel that this merge won't affect our performances as year-end feedback is sent to new management team along with the promotion list"

"You were eavesdropping?"

"No... I went to deliver a file to Khun Paga when I heard it" Maprang sounded defensive which means she indeed eavesdropped. Shaking his head, Arthit replied

"It happens in every merge but we can't be sure that the new management will consider that. Most probably, they'll give the default hike to everyone, and based on this year's performance... all our promotions and progressions will be decided. i.e., all our expectations tend to delay one year" From the time, Arthit started working, he got promotions and a good hike in his pay exactly on time with no delay. And why not? He's been exceptional at work and not even his enemy can dare to deny that. Plus his networking skills are amazing that people get attracted by the other's knowledge and his abilities to conquer difficult tasks on time.