Chapter 14

When Kongpob's call came, Arthit didn't even give a thought of why the other is calling and how many questions will be raised by his response. The only thought was Is Kong fine? Why is he calling him suddenly?

"Kong... Is everything fine?" Arthit didn't hear any response from the other end. Because Kongpob is shocked to find that the other still has his number and Arthit calling him with his nickname 'Kong '.

"Hello? Kong!! Hello?" Arthit tried again and again completely missing the wide-eyed expression of Tutah. In all these years, Arthit didn't even utter Kongpob's name for once. And the worry on his friend's face is also something that is more confusing. Sneakily, he pulled his phone from the table and captured the photo.

I might need this for future references. Because no one will believe me without proof.

"P'Arthit..."

"Yes, Kong. I can hear you" Arthit replied, a sigh of relief escaping from him listening to Kongpob's voice.

"Where are you?"

"I am at xxx café with Tutah... 5 minutes walking distance from our office"

"I need to talk to you about something. Can I come there?" Kongpob asked, tightly holding his laptop in another hand and glaring at the form that is sort of mocking at him.

"S...Sure!!" Arthit frowned until realization hit. Arthit smacked himself for forgetting about the transfer form and he also realized his heartache that started a few minutes ago is not there now. He wondered why.

When Arthit is busy analyzing the next events in his mind, Tutah's question made him realize how he spoke to Kongpob so casually. He tightly closed his eyes for his stupidity but now nothing can be done to undo his actions.

"You're in contact with N'Kongpob?"

"Urm... he's my new boss" Arthit replied hesitantly. He doesn't know why but suddenly he's feeling weird to talk about Kongpob.

"WHAT?" Tutah literally screamed out of shock completely ignoring how the other customers are looking at them. Arthit somehow hung his head low. He doesn't owe any explanation because They hardly share anything unless needed. Though Tutah is somewhat close to him now, but he is also unaware of a lot of things happening in his life. With what happened with Knott and the distance between them has made Arthit unconsciously feel that no one will understand him. So, he stopped sharing things with anyone... not even with his family. They only talk when he thinks is something major or their parents should know. And in these almost six years, they're only a couple of times when the entire family sat together for discussion.

"You mean to say... he's the one who took over your company?" Arthit nodded

"And he's the CEO now?" Arthit again nodded

"Why?"

"..."

"Why did he call you now?"

"He said he wants to talk to me... maybe about my transfer-" Arthit again closed his eyes for accidentally blurting out something that he didn't want to inform others.

"Transfer? Where?" Arthit gulped the water that was on the table and wandered his eyes everywhere except the person sitting opposite to him, eyes filled with concern.

"Arthit?"

"I... am... planning to go back to Malaysia" Arthit replied and slowly looked up to see Tutah's face. Despite not being vocal about his intentions, Tutah always wanted and tried to make things right. He expected that maybe... maybe things will get a little better with Knott's marriage. In their last time meeting, Tutah casually asked Knott whether he'll invite Arthit for his wedding and Knott instantly replied yes.