Chapter 27

"P'Arthit... P'Arthit..." Kongpob is trying to get the elder's attention who's been zoned out for a while.

"Huh?" Kongpob frowned and placed his palm on Arthit's forehead. This contact made both of them shiver and both simultaneously got the flashes of the past when Kongpob was taking care of sick Arthit.

"Sorry. You were saying something?" Instead of holding Arthit's wrist, he gathered the courage to hold Arthit's hands in his. He's preparing himself to face the rejection but Arthit didn't struggle to get out of Kongpob's hold. Smiling a little, Kongpob started to speak

"Today, I am not here either as your friend's son or your boss. Today, I want to be your best friend. I can understand if you don't want to go back to the lane of our memories but I want to remind you that even after being lovers, we were friends. Remember, how you used to tell me that I was your best friend. Is that position still there?" Arthit wanted to deny to get the hopes high in the other's mind but unconsciously he said the truth.

"Yes" Kongpob again showed his smile and this time, Arthit felt like seeing the younger version of Kongpob. From the time Kongpob came back in his life, he smiled... sometimes clipped, professional, or an evil smirk. Never the one which once made Arthit's heart beat faster. And experiencing it again, Kongpob still holds the same effect as before.

"I agree that Mae has made the mistake of hiding her identity and I also know she's a troublemaker

"I agree that Mae has made the mistake of hiding her identity and I also know she's a troublemaker. But in your case, she didn't mean any harm. I swear, she didn't disclose any of the information you shared with her and I very well know she's not intended to. Though, she's quite a mischievous kid" Arthit chuckled at the way Kongpob is addressing his mother as a Mischievous kid and Kongpob also replicated the same gesture.

"But she knows her limits and boundaries. Do you know what she said? She said that it's true that she initially hid her identity to know more about you but when she started to understand more and spend time with you, she couldn't stop herself from admiring you. " Arthit is not showing any reaction of disagreement. So, he continued

"So, please give her a second chance" Arthit shook his head.

"I am sorry, Kong...pob. I am no longer angry at her but I can't get back to my normal self. Every time I look at her, I will only feel stupid at myself" and scared that she knows something that can make few people hate me to the core.

"Please understand" Kongpob gulped and nodded in understanding. He knows how difficult it is for Arthit to forgive someone. So many times Arthit felt frustrated that why he couldn't forget and forgive the things like other people. Kongpob always told him to take time and he'll say the same now also. And did.

After they're done with the discussion, an awkward silence again surrounded and both don't know what to talk about. Arthit didn't want to send Kongpob away. And the other doesn't have the intention to. This silence broke with Kongpob's growling stomach. Kongpob scratched his head in embarrassment making Arthit show his warm smile.