Chapter 23

Once Arthit came out of the shower, terrible attempt to wash off all the worries... he laid on the bed but suddenly Gulf appeared, replicating Arthit's eagle position.

Arthit startled, not used to sudden appearances, jumped out of the bed making his ankle twist a little bit.

"Can't you come more naturally? I twisted my ankle" Arthit annoyingly spoke making Gulf laugh.

"Don't worry, Arthit!! Nothing will happen to you. You have a crystal in your body. Human pain can't touch you" Arthit frowned and looked at the ankle, twisting here and there, yes... no pain. That means he can stumble on the furniture as much as he can and he won't feel any pain? Hurray!!

"You're so cute" Gulf spoke seeing Arthit's goofy smile

"Don't" Arthit replied in a serious tone making Gulf raise his hands in surrender. Only Kongpob can call him cute... no one else.

"Ok... let's come to the topic I am here" Gulf looked at the side of the bed where a few ancient books appeared and Arthit's eyes twinkled with sudden excitement. He's still very much feels that all this is just a dream but he is enjoying it. Who doesn't like to be a part of the fantasy world?

"These can help you understand things better. And I am also here to teach you the chant that will help you to transform yourself into the inner animal inside you."

"Can I ask you..-"

"Sure..." Gulf didn't let the other complete and patted the space next to him. He can see Arthit is still fighting himself. So, he decided to come to the exact reason why he's here at this point.

"But, before you ask anything, I want to say something" Arthit nodded and Gulf stood from the place. He mind linked with his disciples to check whether the path is clean and after getting a positive response, he kneeled on the floor, his hands on knees, in a complete surrender position.

Arthit gasped because he don't know what it means in Gulf's land but here it's the position, that neither he nor anyone he loved to be in like that. Yes, it can be respect but he doesn't want anyone to kneel in front of him to show respect.

"Sorry... is a very small word for what I have done. I was naïve and a child who want to fly free with no restrictions... so I never heard any rule. That was the biggest mistake I have done, in my first task.

I am not trying to justify myself and what I committed is a punishable offense in our world and I did receive one but I still feel that it's not enough. Because for sin, no punishment in the world can rectify it." Gulf hung his head low and started telling everything he wanted to do from the moment he found Arthit. But he couldn't because Vanessa is there and being a dark angel, he shouldn't do that. It's an unspoken rule, never apologize for what you've done, endure punishment. That'll suffice. And Gulf also used to be like that only but what he did with Arthit is different from what mistakes he committed in that past. So, he considered it as sin and was desperate to at least be vocal that he did wrong and he feels that saying sorry won't make him small, instead it will help him to be more capable of whatever is going to come. But Vanessa think otherwise. And more importantly she was scared that if Arthit knows his true potency, he can be a threat to them as well.

But Gulf is a person with a heart, which is a little bit rare in Dark angels. So, he wanted to confess everything and let Arthit decide what he wants to do with his new life. This is the reason why he had to pick the time when Vanessa is at her power nap time when she doesn't supervise anyone.

"What was your punishment?" Arthit asked out of curiosity

"I was locked up in a dark cell for a... year human time" Gulf replied nonchalantly but Arthit gasped. He can't even imagine.