Chapter 29

Arthit picked up Kongpob from the doorsteps of Suthiluck Mansion. When Kongpob gave Arthit a wake-up call, Arthit twisted the words saying he usually parks the car in the airport parking lot. So, if the other wants, he can pick him up. Kongpob hesitantly agreed, thinking he'll get some time with his P'Arthit.

After yesterday's incomplete confrontation, Kongpob is yearning for the other more. A small ray of hope has formed in his heart and he is also planning to move a step forward in Greece. That's also one of the ulterior motives for asking Arthit for accompanying him. After all, what they say about Greece... city of love. So, he also wants to try his luck.

"Had breakfast, P'Arthit?"

"No... woke up late" But the truth is Arthit usually skips breakfast.

"As usual. I bought this for you. We can have it after reaching the airport" Arthit didn't comment anything, and Kongpob took it as a yes. He can't reveal that his mother prepared for Arthit especially because she knows Arthit wakes up late and won't be having time to have a proper meal.

Just like planned, both arrived two hours before the flight and they got time to have breakfast. No need to say that with a single bite, Arthit understood who cooked it and didn't comment on anything. But what is more saddening is that Kongpob felt that Arthit has gone back to his old self. 

🌚🌒🌓🌔🌕

Both are sitting in the plane, unlike before, Arthit this time requested him to take the window seat. Kongpob happily compiled. The first trip Arthit and Kongpob went is to Koh Samui on their three-month anniversary. Kongpob wanted to do something special and because of some public holidays, they got a long weekend. But at that time, Arthit was damn nervous about the flight as he's scared of heights. Kongpob had to engage the other in continuous conversation and sneaky kisses to distract the other.

But now, Arthit is more relaxed. Kongpob is observing Arthit's every action. The other is settled well and is also synchronizing the mails in his laptop so that he can catch up on the tasks.

"Aren't you scared of heights anymore, P'Arthit?" Kongpob couldn't hold the curiosity and asked finally. Arthit smiled and faced him before replying.

"I traveled alone enough to overcome that fear, Kongpob. When we do things alone, we are forced to overcome all our fears. Because there's no one to hold on to, no choice of going back... these are something very strong reasons" Arthit replied. His smile is not reaching his eyes and it's quite evident to Kongpob.

Arthit remembered how he traveled alone to Malaysia for the first time. He was numb to all the fears and emotions at that time that fear of heights somehow didn't affect him at all. But later on, he used to get a lot of offers for onsite opportunities but he never took it upon himself through those might create a good experience in his career. But one day, he was called by the manager to offer an opportunity that he can't deny stating any reason. A two weeks trip to Sydney where he need to replace an onsite teammate who's there is gather the requirements of the ongoing project but he met with an accident and couldn't meet the client on a very important meeting.

Arthit reluctantly agreed and was damn scared from the time he stepped into the plane, that a flight attendant named Jennie has to sit next to him throughout the flight, seeing his scared face. But on the return flight, there were no generous flight attendants, and he was forced to mend his fears. Slowly, he started to accept any valid opportunity that pinged in his mail and that's how he overcome the fear of heights.

"Every cloud has a silver lining" Kongpob mumbled under his breath but thanks to Arthit's hearing sense, he could hear it. Kongpob literally stopped himself from holding Arthit's hand, a habit he developed every time they travel, it might be flight, bus, or car. And Arthit saw the hand falling back to place when the flight took off.