Chapter 2

"Hi, P'Arthit!!" This time, Arthit is standing, supporting himself on the railing of Rama VIII Bridge when Kongpob called his name. Arthit didn't turn back but just raised his hand to wave a little. Because he didn't have to see the person who called. He can recognize the voice at any point in time. And also because he didn't want to show how vulnerable he can become just by listening to Kongpob's voice.

"I could see you're still lonely just like years ago" Arthit frowned at the mockery tone and turned back to see his Kong... who looks like someone else. The face may be similar but that's not his Kong. There's a small kid who's clutching Kongpob's pants and his little finger is held by Kongpob securely.

Kongpob followed Arthit's sight and spoke "Ah... this is my son, Aran"

Arthit woke up from his dream again.

This shouldn't be called a nightmare, right? This is what I wanted. Kongpob to be happy and have a family of his own. Then why am I feeling restless again?

Though I never forgot you, you never used to haunt me like this, Kong!! Why? why are you suddenly appearing in my dreams? Sometimes happy then sometimes sad? Why?

🌚🌒🌓🌔🌕

The next day morning, Arthit again felt pain in his heart. Deciding not to neglect, Arthit decided to visit his brother, Beam who's a cardiologist.

They had a half-day off because of the next day's party, so Arthit decided to visit his parents in the hospital and directly reach the office party the next day from his home, Mentally praying that he won't get dreams.

"Mae" Beam rested his head on his mother, Nina's lap. Nina's one hand is caressing his younger son's hair whereas her second hand is holding the book, she was reading.

"Other than you, no one makes use of doctor's cabin like this" Jake spoke while coming inside the room. Beam didn't reply and continued to relax.

"Are there flat lines today?" Beam is yet to get used to these cases.

"No, Mae. You know why I chose to be a cardiologist?"

"Why?" Jake asked this time while picking up Beam's legs and slightly massaging them. For surgeons, along with hands, their feet should be strong enough to stand for 12 hours straight.

"So that I don't have to see the patients who're not young"

"What kind of stupid logic is that?" Jake asked irritatingly. Through these years of being a pediatrician, this is the first time he heard such illogical reason

"Majority of my patients will be above 50. That means they have seen enough of life. I mean, I know everyone wants to live till the last moment but I don't want to feel bad for treating someone who's young but still losing life"

"Hmmm... who's today's patient then?" Jake asked

"12 year old who has ventricular septal defect"

"A hole in heart?? But didn't they realize a bit late?"

"Yeah... because of that, the surgery was complex. Luckily he survived today and I was damn nervous all the time" Beam replied and before he can continue Arthit knocked on the door to find his family united.

"I envy you guys"

"P'Arthit!! I didn't expect you. Is this a surprise?" Beam asked, after hugging his elder brother whom he admires the most.

"No, Beam... even we didn't know this" Jake and Nina stood up and everyone hugged Arthit.

"Actually, I am here as a patient" Arthit looked at Beam who's looking at his brother confused.