Chapter 20

Arthit is again back to sitting on the couch but now, he's accompanied by Shi Young and Lee who're trying their best to divert and talk about casual things like work-life and sharing small funny stories of patients they experienced.

Though they're talking, their minds are at John's weird behavior. From the moment, they saw the 'Butterfly mark' on Arthit's back of the right foot, he went to the balcony and pacing around mumbling something.

🌚🌒🌓🌔🌕

***Back in Balcony

John is pacing around thinking about the incident he experienced two years back. He was in Australia when a man fainted after defeating a gangster who was trying to kill a journalist. He doesn't know the history behind it but he witnessed how Alex fainted once the gangster is dead. And the way Alex fell on the ground was very strange as if the energy is drained all of a sudden. So, being a doctor, he rushed to check his vitals and moved him to the nearby hospital in an ambulance.

Alex's vitals were strange. His pulse is more than usual but still, it was not affecting his body. He was bleeding so, he suggested a CT scan. There were no nurses and staff available as it was on a public holiday and also the end of the evening shift, so he only had to take him to the scan room. But the results were shocking.

Alex's backbone has something weird attached to it... wings. Shocked, he fell back on the ground. Suddenly the entire room got dark and a lot of fireflies came inside after forcefully opening the window. This is followed by butterflies that are shining. And a lady out of nowhere appeared. With a smile on her face, John's fear started to fade and slowly he got back on his feet.

"Who... Who..."

"Who am I?" Lady completed what John is struggling to ask. John could only nod and replied

"People call me with different names. You can call me Vanessa" Vanessa replied with a smile.

"Are you an... angel?"

"Nope. I am not. I am here to take back my phoenix" Vanessa pointed out at Alex who's lying there. Without waiting for a reply, she started walking to him and mumbling something by placing her hand on Alex's forehead. In only a couple of seconds, Alex woke up and bowed to Vanessa.

Alex also looked at John and then at Vanessa, seems like he was getting back to memory lane, he just thanked John and vanished. Vanessa also tried to follow her phoenix and is about to vanish, she was held by John.

"You need something?"

"People will question me if a patient is missing" John spoke in a panicked tone. She laughed at how cute and comical his expressions were and assured him

"Don't worry. All the things related to Alex will vanish. As if never happened. And...take this" Vanessa waved her empty hand in the air and a ring appeared in her hand.