2

𓃗

Stepping out of the carriage stood a now 17 year old Ophelia Gold. Out came behind her Greer and Kenna. Mary, Queen of Scots ladies.

You remember the young girl from the convent the two Gold children met late at night in the stables?Well it turned out that she was a queen to be, hidden away from her English enemies.

From the carriage next to them came Lola and Aylee. Then from the last carriage Mary stepped out.

All of the girls apart from Ophelia rushed forwards to embrace their friend. "Mary, we have missed you!" they announced.

"I have missed you all dearly." Mary replied to them, happy to be reunited with her friends after so long.

"Oh, Mary, your hair. Didn't the nuns teach you anything?" Greer told the young Queen while reaching forward to fix it.

Lightly tapping Greers shoulder Ophelia made her presence known. "Well I think you hair looks exactly as it did the day we met, my queen" Ophelia teased her friend lightly.

It was like a light went on in Mary's eyes. "Ophelia!" reaching forward for a hug, Mary gripped into her like a lifeline.

"Mary, I have missed you" Ophelia whispered to the slightly shorter brunette.

Pulling apart they turned to face the castle just as a person announced King Henry's arrival.

King Henry walked along side a tall and thin woman. "Is that Queen Catherine?" Aylee questioned cluelessly.

"No. They are still waiting on her. That is Diane de Portiers. The king's mistress" Kenna informed the group of ladies.

"I heard she has a son with the king" Lola chimed into the conversation.

Ophelia shook her head "you are all horrible gossipers" she laughed lightly.

"Well when in French Court" Kenna laughed.

"Oh, look there is Queen Catherine!"

Sure enough Queen Catherine walked up and stood alongside King Henry and his mistress.

Ophelia scanned the crowd that stood outside the castle. That's when she spotted a brown haired man walking alongside a blonde one.

Hitting Mary's shoulder Ophelia discreetly pointed to the pair, "Is that the Dauphin?" she whispered to her friend.

Mary also turned to look at the two men. "It is and that is Bash."

The taller brown haired slowed to a stop beside King Henry while the Dauphin kept walking towards Mary.

As the Dauphin stopped in front of Mary, she smiled at him. "I don't believe it" she said, happy to finally be speaking to him after so many years.

The Dauphin bowed to Mary, "Your Grace"

"No, call me Mary, please" she said kindly

"Francis"

"The castle seems bigger. Is that possible? And you too, of course" Mary stated nervously.

All of the ladies let out a snicker, Ophelia felt bad but she couldn't help but chuckle at Mary's nervousness.

Francis just slightly smiled, "Is that such a surprise?"

"No, especially since your legs were always longer than mine."

Oh god she is a mess Ophelia thought to herself.

"You know, I hated that when we were young- I was always chasing after you- but, now...uh... it suits you." she complimented?

Ophelia decided to save her friend from more embarrassment.

Lightly clearing her throat Ophelia slightly shook her head when Mary turned to look at her.

That was the first time the Dauphin noticed her. Little did she know it wouldn't be the last time.

𓃗