16

𓃗

"We will find them son don't worry." Henry tried to reassure his son.

After Mary ran off, they had all retreated to the throne room waiting until the kings eldest son and the Scottish queen were found.

"She will return safely Ophelia" Greer tried to reassure the dark haired girl. Ophelia appreciated Greer, out of all the ladies Greer was her favourite.

"I know. I should find Charlie." Ophelia squeezed Greer's hand and got up.

Francis turned his head away from the window when he heard heels clicking.

He saw Ophelia leaving and followed her out.

"Do you know where she went?" he asked the second he closed the doors to the throne room.

The blue eyed girl turned to look at him. "Of course I don't " she scoffed.

Francis didn't seemed convinced. "Really? She didn't tell you anything?" his tone had a slight undertone of anger.

"Look, I know your angry about her leaving but do not try accuse me of knowing where she is." The girl could see that he was getting more upset by the minute but she was not going to let him accuse her of anything.

"How do I know you aren't lying to me? Hm? You two tell each other everything! Or so I've been told!" Francis had never risen his voice at Ophelia, it was safe to say she was shocked.

"We don't tell each other everything, Francis" she tried to keep her voice calm as she turned away from him, continuing on her way to find her brother.

"Oh like I believe that!" he shouted after her.

"Well she certainly doesn't know about what happened with us does she?" Ophelia said quietly when the blonde had been at a close enough distance.

Francis froze. He had been so frustrated and distracted with Mary that he hadn't thought about Ophelia and their romance.

"You act as if it never happened." The Gold girls voice shook slightly. "And I know we can't be together but that doesn't mean that it doesn't hurt that you don't even look at me anymore. It's been a week how have you suddenly forgotten that I exist?"

Guilt was the only this Francis felt as he watched Ophelia walk away from him, wiping away a tear she had let slip.

𓃗

"Charlie?" Ophelia peeked her head into his bedroom where she heard someone's voice.

"Ophelia!" Beth Gold jumped hearing her daughter call for her brother.

Ophelia was confused to say the least, "Mother? What are you doing here?"

"She said she had news for us that couldn't wait" the youngest Gold filled in his sister.

"What couldn't wait until me we're back ho-" Ophelia was cut off hearing her mother say something she never thought she'd here.

"I'm getting married."

Ophelias heart dropped along with her face. "N-No you can't be"

Beth rolled her eyes, "Why can't I?"

"Because you're still married." Charlie told his mother.

"Thomas is dead. We aren't married anymore. I'm moving on. You should too." she told her two children.

"Don't you dare say his name!" the dark haired girl shouted.

"Why? Why shouldn't I he was my husband." Beth argued back.

"Because you forbid us to our whole life! You do not get to stand here and tell us we should move on when you're the one who got him killed!" Ophelia couldn't hold it in any longer, not while her mother was going to stand here and talk about her father like that.

"What?" Charlie's small voice broke Ophelias glare away from their mother.

"Oh my lovely, she doesn't mean that. We all say things when we're upset." The children's mother tried to soothe her son.

"No I mean it. You are a wicked woman, you should really go mother" Ophelia was a her breaking point. Her father was always a sensitive topic for her, but her mother acting like she wasn't the reason for his death set her off.

"You are no daughter of mine" Beth sneered.

"You're right. I am my fathers daughter."

𓃗

Ophelia had found herself out in the stables tears streaming down her beautiful face.

When she was younger she'd sneak out late at night to go see the horses when she felt like crying. Old habits die hard.

"What is such a beautiful woman like you doing out here by yourself."

The Gold girl turned to see a brown curly haired man standing in the doorway of the stables. Bash's brother.

Ophelia quickly wiped away any trace of sadness in her face.

"Fishing. What does it look like?" she asked sarcastically.

"Ah, pretty face, sharp tongue. Bash has mentioned you." the unknown man said.

"Do I get a name or will I just call you Bash's brother?" Ophelia questioned.

"You could also call me Catherine's son if you'd prefer darling."

She didn't know Francis had another full brother. She had just assumed that he was Bash's full brother based on their looks.

"Enzo Valois, pleased to make your acquaintance"

𓃗