32

𓃗

The day went by quickly and soon enough it was midnight. Enzo and Ophelia decided to spend their night outside. They had stayed up watching the stars with one another.

Soon enough the couple got tired and decided it was best to head back to the castle. Ophelia thought it would be best to spend their first night in the cottage once they had finished putting it together, adding their own finishing touches to make it a home.

Once they returned to the castle they were both pulled away to the throne room.

As they walked into the room, Ladies and Lords were gathered around the room. Ophelia spotted Kenna, who was close to tears and Bash standing beside her.

"What's going on." The newly turned Valois woman whispered to her husband.

"You promised to marry me to someone with a title!" Kenna exclaimed, answering Ophelia's question without knowing.

Enzo paused, he looked over his older brother who was standing beside Kenna. Bash just shook his head when he caught Enzo's look.

"Bash, I hear by declare you the master of Horse and Hunt." Henry declared as Catherine put her hand to her forehead exasperatedly.

"What does that even mean?" Kenna asked as Henry ignored her, continuing on with their marriage ceremony.

For a day that was supposed to be happy, it was certainly far from it.

As the ceremony came to a close, Enzo took a deep breath and walked out of the room. Ophelia decided it would be best to let him be for a few minutes.

𓃗

"You can't expect me to be happy about this Francis!" Ophelia had been looking around trying to find her husband before she heard Mary shouting.

"And I can't believe that you'd think I'd be okay with you plotting to kill my father with my mother." Francis said harshly as he glared at the Scottish queen.

"It wasn't my doing. Your mother asked for my help." Mary explained her voice lowering.

"You could get beheaded if anyone found out." His voice was on the verge of threatening, that's when Ophelia stepped in.

"Francis you and I are friends. I'm your sister-in-law, but I don't forget where I came from, that is a queen- my queen your speaking to. You'd do well to remember that." Ophelia spat harshly as she walked out, if looks could kill, Francis would be six feet under.

"Men." The dark haired girl scoffed, shaking her head.

𓃗

"Zo!" Ophelia called out once she caught sight of his curly hair.

Enzo stopped in his tracks at the sound of his wife calling his name.

"I can't-" He stopped as his voice wavered. As a boy Enzo was close with both of his parents. Even though Bash was definitely Henry's favourite child, Enzo was a close second. Seeing his father become ill had taken a toll on him.

Ophelia didn't say anything as she pulled him into her warm embrace.

"I'm sorry, my love." She whispered softly, planting a kiss on his cheek as they held one another.