15

𓃗

"He was just trying to scare you" Kenna said as all of ladies sat around with her early in the morning. Kenna hadn't been feeling well so Nostradamus had been tending to her in the healing quarters of the castle.

Aylee shook her head, "He looked at me and said I won't make it home. Why would he say that!" It was clear she was panicking.

"Aylee. If your not going home that could just mean that you stay here in France. Maybe you'll marry someone and stay here." Ophelia tried to comfort the girl.

"Here have this tea, it might calm you down" Kenna handed the youngest of the girls the tea.

Aylee took the tea and took a sip. "Feel better?"

"No" at least that got the girls laughing. Little did they know what tragedy would strike later in the day.

𓃗

"Lia? Why didn't you tell me mum wrote to us?" the youngest Gold asked his sister.

Ophelia stepped out from behind the divider that she was getting dressed behind.

"Well, I haven't opened it yet and I was going to tell you." the girl explained herself.

"Can I open it?" Charlie asked her.

"Uh...I cant see why not" Ophelia said as moved to sit beside her brother on her bed.

Ophelia,

How is Charlie? Is he settling in alright?

When will you two be back? The house is awfully quiet without the two of you.

I might visit soon I will let you know.

I hope to see you soon.

Love, your Mother.

"Has she written to you before?" Charlie was confused because he hadn't asked Ophelia how she was settling in.

"No." was all she said before getting up and fixing her hair in the mirror.

"Charles has been looking for you, I think he's outside." Ophelia as usual was going to pretend that it didn't effect her. Although it hurt she was going to go about her day as usual.

"Lia-" the young boy tried to say something before he was cut off by his sister kissing his forehead.

"I'll see you later little one."

𓃗

"Mary these things that Nostradamus sees aren't real! He just trying to break up our union for whatever reason, probably to please my mother!" Ophelia heard Francis shouting as she walked down a set of stairs.

"Maybe they are real!" Mary argued back.

"What is going on?" Ophelia asked looking between the pair.

Francis turned his glare towards the door, although when he seen Ophelia it softened.

Mary was about to explain what was going on when they heard Greer scream.

Dread filled the dark haired girl as she turned and ran towards her scream without hesitation.

"Oh my god."

Aylee was on the ground in a pool of her own blood. Greer, Lola and Kenna were all gathered around her, kneeling on the ground.

"Aylee!" Mary ran past a frozen Ophelia towards her youngest lady.

"Ophelia" Francis whispered.

The blue eyed girl snapped out of her frozen state and quickly knelt beside Aylee.

The young girl had blood dribbling out of the side of her mouth and she looked pale.

"He w-was right. I w-wont m-make it home." Aylee whispered with a humourless smile.

Her breathing slowed as all of the girl cried and held on tightly to her hand. Ophelia didn't know Aylee like the rest of them, but she cared for her like a little sister. Ophelia never imagined seeing a person die in front of her at yet she's seen two.

"You did this. Your the devil!" Mary cried out at Nostradamus as blood covered her dress.

"Mary, calm down" Francis said to her as he pulled her into a tight hug.

"I'm so sorry Aylee."

𓃗

The remaining ladies were gathered around in Mary's chambers.

"We're leaving" Mary announced as she walked into the room.

"What!?"

"Im not marring Francis... I- I can't. He was right about Aylee. He will be right about me being the reason Francis dies!" the young queen argued as she packed a bag.

"Wait what are you talking about Mary?" Greer was the first to question her. The only people who knew about this prophecy was Mary, Francis, Catherine, Ophelia and of course Nostradamus.

"Nostradamus said that Mary marrying Francis will be the reason Francis dies. He predicted it." Ophelia filled the girls in.

"Surely that can't be right. Does your mother know your leaving?" Lola asked.

Mary's mother had written asking how she was getting along trying to get the French alliance. Clearly it was going amazing.

"Mary, please think about this!" Kenna tried.

Mary said nothing as she opened her door and walked out.

𓃗

Ophelia ran outside just as Mary was mounting a horse. Bash just up ahead on the path on his horse.

"Mary think about this!" the Dauphin shouted to the woman who was supposed to be his wife soon.

"I'm sorry Francis, but I can't." was all the queen had to say before taking off and following Bash into the woods.

Francis took off running after her while French guards got up on their horses.

"Follow them!" King Henry shouted as he now joined his son and his old friends daughter.

"Oh Mary what have you done." Ophelia whispered to herself as she watched the French guards chase after the Scot.

𓃗