40

𓃗

Dear stranger or friend,

Mary has lost her child. It was hard to see Mary going through something so sad. Condé was the one to help her. There is something off about him.

On a lighter note, Enzo and I have finally started staying in our home more often. Francis is very dependent on Enzo's counsel, which leaves me to by myself most most days, if I don't go to the castle with Zo.

Me and Francis have talked, he apologised for his behaviour and promised it will never happen again. I wish I could believe him when he says that.

Until next time friend or stranger.

-Ophelia Valois.

𓃗

The sun was up in the sky shining brightly across the hills of France. It was the start of summer and everyone could feel the change of weather.

Summer always brightened Ophelia's mood. While winter was still her favourite, she loved seeing everyone so happy, it was like the sun had shared a piece of itself to everyone.

"Darling, are you ready to go?" Enzo was stood in the door way of the kitchen, looking towards his wife.

The couple were heading to the castle per Francis' request, while Enzo would probably disappear with his brother, Ophelia was going to see her family.

"Yes." She smiled at the curly haired man and took the hand he had offered to her.

"We shouldn't be long. Only an hour" Enzo informed the woman as the two walked outside to their horses.

"You always say that." The dark haired girl teased with a chuckled.

"I mean it this time." Enzo rolled his eyes at his wife's teasing, he was used to it at this point but it still annoyed him to no end.

"I'm sure you do, my love."

𓃗

As Ophelia had predicted, they were definitely longer than hour. But the dark haired girl didn't mind because she was having a lovely time with her family.

"Who is that with Mary?" Charlie asked his sister once he noticed the queen talking and smiling with none other than Louis Condé.

"Mind your business." Ophelia jokingly shoved the boy lightly, while she continued staring at the unlikely pair.

"Listen to your own advice, sister." Charlie laughed as the dark haired girl nearly tripped over her own skirt, too busy trying to figure out what Mary and Condé were talking about.

"Oh shut it." Ophelia rolled her eyes.

"No fighting." Thomas interjected in a stern voice before an argument could break out between the siblings.

"Yes, father." Both Golds chorused in unison.

Beth tried to hide a laugh by clearing her throat. It was always amazing to see how quickly Thomas took back his roll as a father and how quickly Charlie and Ophelia listend to him.

"You know, I'm sure Lia wouldn't mind taking Charlie for the night." Beth said suggestively to Thomas as their children tan ahead of them messing about with each other.

"Hm, you think?" Thomas raised an eyebrow, a smirk tugging at the corners of his lips.

Beth only smiled innocently at the man before her. Thomas quickly dipped his head down and pressed his lips to the blondes before grabbing her hand and running after their children.

After years of the Gold family being broken, they were finally back to being normal. Or about as normal as a family of people who act years younger than they actually are.

𓃗

"Hello, husband of mine." Ophelia greeted the blue eyed man as he finally finished talking to Francis.

"Hello, darling." Enzo greeted her back with a soft kiss to her lips. He was relieved to finally see the woman he loved.

Francis had told him about his suspicions of Mary having an affair, something that he could get her killed. Enzo was quick to put a stop to Francis' thought, he knew that Mary dying would break his wife's heart, and he would hate to see her in pain.

"How was your meeting? Is Francis okay?" Ophelia questioned as she wrapped her arm around his and layer her head on his shoulder.

Enzo considered about telling her the truth, and about what Francis wanted him to do. But he couldn't.

"Zo?"

"It was fine." He sighed. "Everything's okay." He whispered to himself quietly, causing Ophelia to furrow her brows at his tenseness.

"Well, whenever you want to talk about it just let me know." Ophelia smiled softly before continuing, "Charlie is staying with us tonight."

Enzo nodded as he looked towards his brother-in-law who was sat atop of Moon once they had finally made it outside.

"Hello, Enzo." Charlie greeted him with a small wave, which Ophelia found absolutely adorable, and a smile.

"Charlie." Enzo smiled back brightly at the boy before mounting his own horse.

Once everyone was settled on top of their horses they rode towards home.

On their way, there was a lot of teasing between Charlie and Enzo, which filled Ophelia's heart with joy seeing the two getting along so well.

From the way Enzo was with her brother and his own little brother Charles, Ophelia couldn't wait to see him as a father to their own child.

𓃗

Authors Note
Short chapter,I know, I'm sorry

I've kinda sorted out the ending for this book but I have another idea and I need opinions . So do I just continue this book as normal and just finish it on this book, or do I write a sequel?

PLEASE COMMENT YOUR OPINION THANK YOU

ALSO OVER 7k READS!!!!! THANK YOU

-K