19

𓃗

Riding a horse with the wind in your hair is what calm Ophelia.

It had been 2 days. Two days since Charlie left, two days since Francis left, two days since Mary decided to marry Bash.

Two days of Ophelia waking up at the crack of dawn and riding her favourite horse in the stable.

It was a beautiful white coloured horse named Angel. She was a new horse according to the stable boy, she was currently being broken in. Ophelia was surprised with how well she had taken to being ridden.

Ophelia was starting to think becoming Mary's lady was a bad idea. It seemed like a good idea at the time but now it all seems like such a hassle.

Mary was trying to make her relationship with Bash work, so she hadn't much time to spare so she hadn't seen Ophelia much.

Lola was doing God knows what, the Gold girl was almost sure she was mourning Colin. The Scottish boy had been found killed in the woods a few days before Francis left. Lola was grieving all over again like the first time she thought he was dead.

Kenna was with the King. Or trying to find a husband? Kenna had told Ophelia about some deal she had with Henry. He promised to find a worthy husband that she would like and Ophelia didn't want to know what he got in return.

And lastly Greer. The poor girl was still trying to find a man worthy enough to be her husband. Greer had told Ophelia all about her struggles with her father and having to provide for her little sisters. The Gold girl could understand where she was coming from, only Ophelia never had to struggle with trying to find a man to marry to provide for the family since she inherited almost everything from her father once he passed.

Although there was a handsome kitchen servant Greer had taken a liking too. Even though he didn't have much of a title Greer couldn't stop the feelings she had for him.

Since everyone was so busy with their own things, the Gold girl had been left to herself. She tried to take a break from everything and rest, but her thoughts were running wild. So that didn't last more than 30 minutes.

The sun was now shining brightly above the castle, just slightly ruining Ophelia's day. The sun was too happy this morning, she certainly was not.

𓃗

"I have to say you look stunning in that dress, darling. That shade of green is definitely your colour."

"Enzo" Ophelia greeted without turning around. She could hear the slight smirk in his voice, he was hoping she was blushing. Even though she was, Ophelia didn't want to give him the satisfaction of him knowing he could make her blush.

"Oh come on darling at least look at me, I don't get all pretty for no one to look at me." The brown haired man joked. At least she thinks he was joking.

Finally turning around Ophelia's breath got caught in her throat. He wasn't joking when he said he got dressed up for people to admire him.

"Well? Cat got your tongue?" Enzo chuckled as he spun slightly, silently asking for her opinion on his outfit.

"Certainly not. You look like every other man I've ever met, love" Ophelia smirked, watching his face drop.

Enzo saw the smirk on her pretty face and knew she was joking around.

"Very funny. Your very funny." he deadpanned.

"On the contrary, I'm hilarious" Ophelia genuinely smiled for what felt like the first time in years.

"Well funny lady, how about I escort you to breakfast?" Enzo proposed as he stuck out his arm.

"How could I say no to such a dashing man?" The Gold girl asked rhetorically as she took his arm.

"I look even better with you on my arm, darling"

𓃗

"So, who was that man you walked with at breakfast this morning?" Mary asked as she sat with Ophelia outside.

"Enzo Valois. And before you ask yes they have another brother." The dark haired girl told the young queen.

"Francis or Bash never told me." Mary said with furrowed brows.

"Bash told me when I first saw Enzo. Although he never mentioned a name just said 'my brother' and walked off. Great manners that one." Ophelia said sarcastically as she jokingly rolled her eyes.

Mary hit her friend on the arm, "He's to be my husband you know. You two better get along." she warned.

"I make no promises. I hope you've warned your other ladies about getting along with him."

"I most certainly have.....not" the queen confessed.

Ophelia raised an eyebrow, "Well I hope you warn them before dinner."

"I'm going to do it now. Don't worry about it, Lia" Mary assured.

"I always worry, my queen" Ophelia teased with a winked as she got up to follow her friend into the castle.

Mary only smiled. Happy that her closest friend was finally feeling a bit like herself since her brother left.

𓃗

Ophelia and Mary had spilt up and the dark haired girl was walking back to her chambers when Enzo's voice stopped her.

"You should wear a red dress to dinner with my family tonight." the royal said with a charming smile on his handsome face.

Ophelia raised her eyebrow, "And why should I do that?"

"I haven't seen you in a red dress. I intend to see you in every colour of if look that beautiful in green, darling" he scoffed as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"I don't know if I have a red dress, love" she knew damn well she had a red dress. Ophelia had a dress of every colour, she just enjoyed teasing Enzo.

"Your the Scottish Queens lady, you definitely have a red dress" Enzo laughed.

"Keep that attitude and you won't ever see me in red." Ophelia taunted as she turned on her heel and continued on her way to her chambers.

"I was joking, darling!"

𓃗