29

𓃗

It was the night before her wedding an Ophelia was surrounded by Mary and the other ladies.

They were reminiscing about when they first arrived. The good and bad memories that felt like years ago.

"I cant marry Leith." Greer stated sadly.

Leith was a baker that Greer had been seeing for the past few months. But that's all he was, a worker in the castle with no land or title. Her father demanded she marry someone that could provide for her and set an example for her sisters.

"You never know, someone better could come along." Ophelia tried to reassure the girl as everyone nodded in agreement.

"I can help find husbands for you at Ophelia's wedding party if you'd like." Mary offered. She had a plan to find someone for Lola before word of her pregnancy spread, at least if she had a husband it would bring no suspicion to the child.

The rest of the night went smoothly, the girls drank wine and gossiped about certain Ladies and Lords.

A sudden thought came to Kenna in her drunken haze, "Ophelia! you are about to be a Princess!" The girl gasped.

"I am? I am!" Ophelia also gasped as the girls broke out into giggles.

𓃗

As it got later, Ophelia decided to sober up and get the girls to their room.

"I'm happy for you Lia." Mary said quietly as she got into her bed when Ophelia was about to leave the room.

The dark haired girl said nothing as she smiled and left the room.

"Have fun darling?" Enzo asked as he caught sight of his fiancées long hair.

Ophelia jumped as Enzo smirked holding back a laugh.

"Don't do that!" She scolded with her hand on her heart.

"I'm sorry." The brown haired man laughed as he walked closer to Ophelia.

"I did, we had a nice time." Ophelia smiled as she realised he was walking her towards her chambers.

"I hope you aren't thinking of pulling a Mary tomorrow."

Ophelia scoffed out a laugh, "I'm not. I hope you haven't done anything like your brother has." She muttered the last past to herself but Enzo had heard it.

"What do you mean darling?" He asked with furrowed brows.

"I'll tell you tomorrow." Ophelia yawned as Enzo kissed her forehead saying his goodnights.

Enzo smiled at the thoughts of tomorrow, he surprisingly wasn't nervous.....yet.

"Goodnight darling."

𓃗

Thomas and Henry were in the throne room together as Henry blabbered on about something Thomas didn't understand.

"Henry! Are feeling alright?" Thomas interrupted the kings rambling.

"I am, why wouldn't I?" As Henry spoke, his eyes kept darting to the corner of the room, Thomas turned to look but saw nobody there.

The Gold man just shook his head but reminded himself to tell Catherine. He knew she could either help Henry or cover up his madness so that his subjects would never find out.

"Me and Beth were talking...." Thomas began as the French king finally sat down.

Henry nodded, encouraging him to continue.

"We wanted to stay in France.....permanently like we were supposed to years ago." There was a pause before a smile broke out on Henry's face. He was more than happy to welcome Thomas to his home.

"I'll give you some land, close to here so you can see Ophelia."

That's when it hit Thomas, after tomorrow Ophelia wouldn't be living with them.....probably ever.

Thomas only nodded and patted his friends back in thanks.

"Thank you Henry. For everything."

"No need to thank me, my friend"

𓃗

The next morning was chaotic. Servants were rushing around doing the finishing touches for the wedding that would take place in a few hours and guests from different countries were still arriving.

Ophelia was in the middle of getting her hair done when Beth walked in with her dress.

"Oh, I cant wait to see it on!" Kenna exclaimed. Nobody had seen the dress apart from Mary and Ophelia.

"Your fathers a nervous wreck." Beth chuckled as she fixed some of the pins in Ophelia's hair, knowing that the girl would take them out and ruin her hair if they weren't placed properly.

"He's a nervous wreck?" Ophelia questioned in disbelief. She felt like throwing up once she realised what day it was.

"You will be alright, it's nerve wracking but the minute you see him you will be okay." Mary reassured her friend, she was speaking from experience.

Ophelia took a deep breath as she looked to the ring Enzo had given her. It wasn't common for women to wear an engagement ring, so she had decided to take it off for today.

"I can do this." She muttered to herself.

Mary kissed her cheek, "Of course you can Lady Ophelia Gold, soon to be Princess Valois." The queen teased.

That got a laugh out of everyone in the room even some of the servants.

"Let's get you married."

𓃗

Ophelia walked up to the doors of the room she was to be wed in. Mary and Greer were walking beside her in matching dresses. Thomas stood at the doors waiting for Ophelia.

Thomas had to stop himself from tearing up at the sight of his little girl looking so grown up.

"Look at you little one." Thomas muttered as he brought her into a hug.

"Watch the dress!...My Lord." Greer added awkwardly at the end.

"Right sorry." The Gold man chuckled making sure he didn't ruin the brides hair.

"I'll see you up there." Mary smiled as the doors open and she walked to the alter with Greer following a few paces behind.

"I love you Dad." Ophelia whispered softly as she wrapped her arm around her fathers.

"Love you too little one."

As the doors opened, Enzo's breath was taken away from him.

𓃗