37

𓃗

Lola had made it back to the castle safe. She arrived back with the help of Louis Condé, who she doomed learned was actually the family's cousin.

"Your grace." Louis greeted Francis as he dipped down into a respectful bow.

"Condé." Francis nodded his head while Enzo shook his cousins hand in greeting.

Ophelia kept her distance from Francis, still annoyed by his previous actions in the nursery yesterday.

The three men held friendly conversation while Ophelia stood alongside them, silent and lost in her thoughts.

She thought about why Francis had mentioned their past.....fling. Did he actually mean any of what he said? Or was he just going to her for comfort because he argued with Mary?

The biggest thing that played on her mind was what would happen if she hadn't stopped him. Would it have led to a kiss....or more? Ophelia felt guilty about her thoughts. Enzo was her husband. She shouldn't be thinking about his brother.

Her face must have shown signs of distress, because Enzo lightly nudged her to get her to snap out of her thoughts.

Ophelia looked toward him and raised an eyebrow, silently asking him 'what'

Enzo ran his eyes over her, he had a concerned look on his face.

"No, stay. There's plenty of room." Francis' voice caused Ophelia to finally look away from her husband's intense stare.

"Thank you, Francis." Condé nodded his head in gratitude.

"I'm going to see how Lola is." Ophelia told Enzo quietly before kissing his cheek and walking away, not giving him a chance to say anything.

Enzo only watched her walk away with furrowed brows.

"Everything alright?" Francis asked after seeing his brothers confused state.

"Woman." Enzo scoffed before walking away leaving his brothers question unanswered.

𓃗

"Oh Lola he's a little sweetheart." Ophelia sat beside Lola in bed while she gushed about the baby.

Ophelia had reflected that past few days, Mary wasn't one to hold grudges so why should she? Ophelia had been taken with the little boy, Lola couldn't be more grateful for her help.

"Thank you, for taking care of him while I wasn't here." Lola smiled at her son who was sleeping in her arms. He definitely had his fathers looks, they could only hope he would act like his mother.

"Of course, I'd do it for any of you." The dark haired girl traced the baby's face lightly while he slept.

"So when are you and Enzo going to have a child." Lola asked with a sly smirk as Ophelia lightly blushed at the thought of a child, her own child.

Ophelia shook her head as she looked away. Enzo had said he wanted children, but after everything that happened with his father.....maybe he wouldn't want them anymore.

"I sometimes think Charlie will have a child before me. I'm too busy trying to keep up with my husbands moods." The two of them laughed with one another and continued chatting about God knows what.

After about an hour, Ophelia decided to let the mother and babe bond in peace. She said her goodbyes and went looking for her husband.

𓃗

"Ah, Ophelia how was your trip?" Catherine fell into step with her daughter-in-law.

"It was good, how have you been Catherine?" Ophelia could tell that the queen mother was tired.

"You know, you are the first person to ask me that since Henry died." Catherine admitted as she smiled sadly at the young woman in front of her, taking both of Ophelia's hands into hers.

"Not even your sons have asked you how you are?" The dark haired girl's eyebrows raised to her forehead.

"Charles is too young to understand anything that is going on, and well, the other two are busy doing God knows what." Catherine rolled her eyes at the thought of her eldest sons.

"I'll always be here, we should have dinner together soon, just us." Ophelia smiled kindly at the woman who treated her so kindly when she first arrived.

"I would love that my dear. I'm sure Enzo will tell you, the baptism is tomorrow." Catherine patted Ophelia's hands before parting ways.

Ophelia shook her head in disbelief. In that moment she decided it would be a good idea to talk to Enzo about his mother.

𓃗